Thread: ammo ????s

Default ammo ????s

I was cleaning out an old shed and found a box with old shotgun shells and a few rifle rounds in it. my ? is on the rifle rounds. 1 is stamped W C C 5 5. 1 stamped PETERS 30G1906. 1 stamped T W 5 3. There are a dozen 12ga shells stamped SEARS 12 GA XTRA-RANGE. Anybody know what these go to and possible age on the 12ga shells?

Quote Originally Posted by dandeo2003 View Post
    I was cleaning out an old shed and found a box with old shotgun shells and a few rifle rounds in it. my ? is on the rifle rounds. 1 is stamped W C C 5 5. 1 stamped PETERS 30G1906. 1 stamped T W 5 3. There are a dozen 12ga shells stamped SEARS 12 GA XTRA-RANGE. Anybody know what these go to and possible age on the 12ga shells?
    The WCC 55 and TW 53 are military headstamps by manufacture and lot. The WCC is most likely Winchester manufactured in 1955. I don't know what TW would be, but 53 would be 1953.

My S.W.A.G. for the Peters 30G1906 could very possibly be a Peters commercially produced .30-06 cartridge that was produced before it became commonly known as .30-06 Springfield.

Without any other information or dimensions of the cartridges, it's hard to say for sure.

I don't have a clue about the shotgun shells.
    Now what ?

Default thnx

thank you for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by dandeo2003 View Post
    The WCC is indeed Winchester Cartridge Co. in 1955. Next is the .30 Government of 1906 (.30-06). TW is Twin Falls armory, .30-06, manufactured in 1953. Both military rounds are non-corrosive but I'm not sure on the .30Gov't. I don't know on the shotshells but I had some similar in the 60's.

It's a sure bet the shelf/service life of those rounds are beyond expired. To be safe, it would be a good idea to put 'em in a burn pit.