Thread: SBR Receiver Engraving

Default SBR Receiver Engraving

I'm wanting to SBR one of my rifles and I need to have some info added to the receiver.

Does anyone know of or have any experience with a shop in Anchorage or the valley that is capable of doing this?

Thanks

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Default what the heck is "SBR"

Uuuuuuuhhhh, I dont get it. What is "SBR"?
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Alangaq View Post
    Uuuuuuuhhhh, I dont get it. What is "SBR"?
    short barrel rifle required to be engraved per ATF regs. You might check with a local trophy shop they engrave the name plates and such. They should be able to do an AR.

Default Bovey

Bovey Trophies
    907-277-9323

They can do 'em.

Nate

Thanks,

I'll give Bovey a call

Are people using 223 to bulid the SBRs or are they using 9mm?

Default sbr

doesnt matter what caliber it is any rifle that has a barrel under 16" is an sbr, so to answer your question yes to both .223 and 9mm

I understand that it wouldn't matter what caliber as far as the engraving. Just wanted to know more so about the recoil. Does the gas charging action control it or is it still still a handfull? I shot a 12 gage that had been cut to the pistol grip and about a 6" barrel and it was like having a mule in your hand. By the way this was over 20 years ago and I am quite sure that it wasn't registered as an SBR.