Thread: Big lake report

Default Big lake report

Fished Big Lake for a few hours today. Caught a whole lot of nothing. Saw a couple guys with some pretty nice char. Was trying for Burbot, used spoons, rubbery jigs and swim lures but we couldn't find any to bite. I've heard there are some decent Burbot in here but this is the first time I have fished Big lake, so I'll hit it again before too long.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

I was out on Big Lake today also. My girlfriend lost one and that was all the action we had. Had a trooper check my license and gear today, he looked surprised to see anyone out there.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Thumbs up Tough SOB's

Good to see that you guys didn't let the cold snap slow you down, today. I'd like to hit it tomorrow(tues.), but that high wind warning on top of 20 below temps. might keep me at home.

It was really windy on the Parks but for some reason the lake was calm. I fished the northwest tip of the long skinny island so I was fairly protected also. I'm likely heading back out there on Wednesday since I have to get up early to check into work anyways.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by MNViking View Post
    It was really windy on the Parks but for some reason the lake was calm. I fished the northwest tip of the long skinny island so I was fairly protected also. I'm likely heading back out there on Wednesday since I have to get up early to check into work anyways.

Funny, I noticed the same thing. Windy as hell on the highway, barely a breath on the lake. I didn't try very hard today, but im pulling out all the stops next time. Qwikfish III, underwater camera, couple heaters.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    , but im pulling out all the stops next time. Qwikfish III, underwater camera, couple heaters.
    QF3 and a couple heaters?..you must want to fish in your boxer shorts...lol..
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Good fishing on Big today. Several Char and Bows over 20 inches. Cold though, -35 when we showed up.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ARKY View Post
    Good fishing on Big today. Several Char and Bows over 20 inches. Cold though, -35 when we showed up.
    You're shooting holes in the theory that fishing is best during low barametric pressure..........

Good to hear you did well.