Thread: What's it worth? Marlin Lever

Default What's it worth? Marlin Lever

I have a MArlin Model 1895 SS in a .45-70 that I would like to trade/sell to get a .257 Weatherby. THe Marlin is a little big for the Blacktails I hunt here on POW. It has a Bushnell Sportview 3-9X40 with see through rings. BLUED/WOOD. WOod has a few small dings and metal has a few dings near the ejector but all in all i'd say it's 70-80%? Anyway a ballpark would be helpful I don't buy or sell guns too often.

Thanks for any advice,

GOoch

A .257? What happened to the .460?

Default .460 Is on the way!

For guiding of course. .257 is my new dream. COming down for NEw Years?

70-80% I would guess it is worth about $400 without the scope. Assumming there is not any rust on it.
    Tennessee

Default bluebook

I have the 28th edition "Blue Book of Guns." The 70% value is (prepare yourself) $140. From the sounds of it your condition is probably better than that, 80-90%? Anyway, 90% value is $190, add a generous sixty bucks for the scope/rings, and you get $250. 95% value(no scope) is $265, 98% is $375. Sucks I know, cause' I have one too! I love my stainless guide-gun though, won't be getting rid of it anytime soon.

Best of luck, hope I helped!

Jay
    Last edited by jay51; 12-29-2008 at 19:14. Reason: content

I paid $473 for my 450 Marlin GG brand new. I think $400 used is a little to much even with the scope if its 70-80%.

I have the Bluebook also and find it's always way low. A true value is what they sell for and you can get that by looking on GunBroker.com for guns like yours, after they sell then you know.

Bluebook says my Winchester model 88 308 is worth $380 tops, they sell every week on GunBroker.com and none have come in under $550, one went for $1185 last week!

Andy

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

put it up on the for sale section of the forum and start at $400.

I myself would not pay that for it but I am exceedingly cheap $300 would certainly get my atention and would probably get you a couple dozen PM's. $350 would still get me thinking about it, and I figure you would stil get a fair amount of interest. I honestly think it will sell fairly quick between $375 and $400 but ONLY if you have good pictures to post and are "Johny reliable" with answers to your PM's

Its really up to you to decide what is a "fair" price and of course the market will decide if you are correct.............. and dont forget your cut that goes to the forum! Freedom aint free! Oh wait, that is something different................
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Default Your best option is to...

Sell it to Snowwolfe!!! Or, keep the darn thing and get it rechambered to .470 Turnbull...check out the gun mags this month. There's an article on the conversion of the Marlin 45-70 Gov't to .470 Turnbull--it looked pretty cool, really, and would keep you from getting rid of an otherwise fine firearm. If you were to get it "t-coated" afterwards you'd have a butt-busting firearm that is bullet-proof as related to corrosion.

I have a Mark V in .257 Wby that is an absolute railgun to 300+ yards. This round is also a devastator on black bears. My only concern is that if you were to run into a brown bear while hunting deer that you might not find the .257 Wby to be a "stopper". That is my concern as well, though you could likely just use the .460 as an equalizer.

IceKing02