Thread: Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Banquet - Mat-Su

Exclamation Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Banquet - Mat-Su

Hi guys and gals,

This years Mat-Su chapter Big Game Banquet is on Saturday, January 31st at Evangelos Restaurant in Wasilla. Social hour starts at 5:30pm and there is a buffet dinner, live and silent auctions, raffles, games.....etc. Single tickets are $75, couples are $115 and there are life memberships, sponsor memberships and a progressive rifle raffle ticket special available.

No tickets will be available at the door, so you want to get yours early!

You can order tickets from Jeanne at 907-745-2234. If you would like to volunteer or donate or just have additional questions please call Amber at 907-376-8839.

Register soon to be in the Early Bird drawing. Deadline for the Early bird is January 23rd.

It's sure to be a great night and we look forward to seeing you there!

Just a little more info for you... the Progressive Raffle is going to be for a Remington Model 700 SPS .257 Weatherby with synthetic stock in Realtree AP HD. Only 100 Progressive tickets will be sold!! Be sure to get yours early because these will sell out. Tickets are $20 or 6 for $100.

Hope to see many of you at the banquet.

Another little incentive for new folks to come check out our banquet this year... each new or renewed membership will receive a free Cyclops LED Flashlight with the RMEF logo. They are pretty cool and hey, you can't beat free!
    So call and reserve your tickets and join us for a great night of raffles, games, silent and live auctions and just a good time all while supporting a wonderful cause! Hope to see you there.

I'm trying to get info on the guns we'll be having at the banquet... as soon as I know, I'll share it with everyone. So far I do know we'll have a chipmunk .22 and a Remington Model 597 Pink Camo .22LR w/ 4x32mm TRULO scope. So for the kids or ladies in your life... they might enjoy one of those.

Also, dinner is going to be prime rib and halibut which is always a great dinner! Progressive tickets are going fast, so be sure to get your tickets early. See you on the 31st.

Default hunts

Do you have a list of hunts that are going to be auctioned?

Quote Originally Posted by 4whlr View Post
    Do you have a list of hunts that are going to be auctioned?

I don't have the hunts list yet. I will try to get that along with the guns list and will let you know as soon as I get all the info.

Thanks for the interest!

Default Progressive raffle

What is the Progressive Raffle rifle for 2009? Where is the hunt going to be for the grand prize winner?

Default Progressive Raffle

Quote Originally Posted by happytobeinAK View Post
    What is the Progressive Raffle rifle for 2009? Where is the hunt going to be for the grand prize winner?

The progressive rifle is a Remington Model 700 SPS .257 Weatherby in Realtree AP HD camo.

The hunt for the grand prize winner is a premium 7-day Colorado elk hunt for two by Elk Basin Outfitters in the West Elk Wilderness.

Sounds like a great hunt and you can't beat the odds on winning the rifle either (only 100 tickets to be sold), especially if you get the Progressive ticket package which is 6 for the price of 5 at $100.

Thanks for asking and thanks to everyone that has already gotten your tickets. Good luck to you!

Default Rmef

Get your tickets while you can they are going fast. Its only about two weeks from the Banquet.

Default akhunter

Do you have a hunt list yet?

Exclamation Guns & Hunts

Ok everyone, I finally have some more info for you. Here's the list of guns we will have in addition to the progressive:

.300 Weatherby vangurd, stainless steel
    .40 Smith and Weson pistol, stainless steel
    Savage .17 HMR, stainless steel
    Tikka 25-06, blued
    Remington 597 Pink Camo .22 w/ scope
    Chipmunk .22

Sponsor Rifle is Browning A-Bolt Special Hunter .300 Short Mag

As for the hunts, I have gotten word we have 2 hunts available to us. They are a New Zealand Tahr hunt and a 7 day South Africa Safari. Expecting more specific details on these soon and will let you know, when I know.

Thanks for all the interest.

Thumbs up Early Birds

Tickets are going fast, so if you haven't gotten yours, you want to hurry!

This is the final week for the Early Bird raffle ticket package. If you like the raffles, this package is a great deal...
    $100 worth of tickets for only $75!!!

We have some wonderful, quality items going on the live and silent auctions also... you just have to come and check it out!

For tickets or more info call Jeanne at 745-2234 or Amber at 376-8839.

Exclamation Hunt Info

Quote Originally Posted by 4whlr View Post
    Do you have a hunt list yet?

Ok, here's the details on the hunts. Let us know what you think! Hope to see you at the banquet.

Seven Day Mafigeni South Africa Safari – The wining bidder will hunt with Claude and Jill Kleynhans for 7 days and stay at their ranch in the Limpopo Region in the northern part of South Africa. The hunt is for 7 hunting days. There is no minimum number of animals that the hunter needs to hunt. The animals hunted can decide before or during the hunt. Please note that the trophy fees are not included. The donation includes the daily rates and not the trophy fees. The hunt can take place 2009 or October/November 2010. Our season runs March through November for hunting.

7-Day plains game hunt for one hunter
    Can hunt 1x1 or 2x1 hunt
    Observer $250 per day
    Additional hunter $400 per day
    Rifle, blackpowder, bow or handgun hunt
    Pick up from Phalaborwa airport.

Includes: Accommodation, meals, laundry services, services of PH, tracker and skinner
    Excludes: Gratuities, airfare, shipping, trophy fees, taxidermy costs.

New Zealand Chamois Hunt –This hunt is for 3 days and includes the trophy fee for a Chamois. You will stay with a farming family at a sheep ranch. Take your host a bottle of good Scotch and you’ll be best mates. Hunt includes transportation to and from Christchurch and transportation during the hunt. This hunt is one on one and can be taken anytime between March and August of 2009 or 2010. Cost for additional hunter is $3450 and a non-hunter is $150 per day. Hunt can be upgraded for additional days and for additional animals, which include Tahr, Red Stag, Elk, Fallow Deer, Alpine Goat, and Wild Boar.

Exclamation Tickets!!

Hey folks,

If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, you better get them fast! We only about 25 tickets left. Thanks to everyone who has already gotten theirs. It's going to be a great event and we look forward to seeing you all there.

For tickets call Jeanne at 745-2234 or Amber at 376-8839.

Do you have to be a member of RMEF to go?

I'm interested in Tickets. I just moved up from Wyoming. Went to the ones in Wyoming almost every year.

Quote Originally Posted by wy2ak View Post
    Do you have to be a member of RMEF to go?

I'm interested in Tickets. I just moved up from Wyoming. Went to the ones in Wyoming almost every year.
    When you buy a ticket, you will be buying a 1 year membership along with the dinner. It's included in the price. We do still have some tickets available, so give a call and we'll get you all set up. Thanks for the interest.

Also, we always like to hear feedback from anyone who has been to other banquets. Let us know how you think we did, what you liked, etc.

You can contact either Jeanne at 745-2234 or Amber at 376-8839.

Exclamation Two Days Left!!

Last call on tickets if you want to attend the Mat-Su Chapter Big Game Banquet this Saturday at Evangelo's in Wasilla. Only 2 days left to get your tickets. Not many left, so you want to hurry.

Thanks again for all the interest. It's going to be a great event.

For tickets call: Jeanne 745-2234 or Amber 376-8839