Thread: Wasilla gun show

Default Wasilla gun show

Gun show at Wasilla Hi school January 17 and 18. Hope it is not the last one!! WHSGunShow@gmail.com

Why would it be the last?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

how are the shows down there? any good deals to be had? or is it like ours... all the dealers trying to get top dollar off trade in's?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default unique event

After watching the same high-priced over-valued guns make the 13 day loop over and over again on Gunbroker...it will be refreshing to drive up to Wasilla, take part in a unique event (gun show in a high school), spend a little money (that contributes to a school fundraiser), and maybe, just maybe find a gun that I really should get.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    how are the shows down there? any good deals to be had? or is it like ours... all the dealers trying to get top dollar off trade in's?
    It tends to be mostly dealers trying to make a buck or guys who are really proud of their guns. Deals can be had, but be hard to find sometimes.

One year they made the very serious mistake of scheduling the gun show on the same weekend as the Super Bowl. It was a game I wasn't interested in that year, so I went to the show on Sunday. It was like a tomb. Sellers were grabbing at me as I was walking by.

I got a great deal on a M-1 Garand Tanker that year...........

I also sometimes go with guns that I no longer love with the intent to make trades, and I'm quite willing to take a beating to do so. That tends to be successful with the guys who'll knife their Mommas for a buck or two.........

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It tends to be mostly dealers trying to make a buck or guys who are really proud of their guns.

I also sometimes go with guns that I no longer love with the intent to make trades, and I'm quite willing to take a beating to do so. That tends to be successful with the guys who'll knife their Mommas for a buck or two.........
    The very best deal I ever got at a show, was from a guy walking around with a rifle slung over his shoulder with a sign on it "For Sale". As far as the shows go, I appreciate looking at the unique items, that you don't see everday. Dealers know market values and what the public is willing to pay, so I never seen a good deal from them.
    SP
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    The very best deal I ever got at a show, was from a guy walking around with a rifle slung over his shoulder with a sign on it "For Sale"......
    If you go this year you'll see a fat guy with a big, white beard and a "For Sale/Trade" rifle slung over his shoulder................and it will be a great deal, especially if you have a S&W 617 you're willing to part with................

I was fortunate to find a clip for my grandfathers Colt woodsman match target for 20.00. But the wood grips cost more than a new gun.

Default The way to DO a gun show !!

The way to get the most out of a gun show is--- #1 Be there when the doors open. If you are looking for a particular item or a couple items --Sprint the entire show first looking for that item, take quick notes on what you find and keep rolling-- NO B.S. -- don't linger! After you have sprinted the entire show go back to the best deals and make offers. NOW go back and take in the WHOLE show at a leIsure pace and shoot the bull with every one of intrest and people you see you know. Gun shows are a great social event for me, I see people I went to school with -- worked with ETC ETC ! Ponder what you see and enjoy the event. IT MAY BE THE LAST ONE !!
    Here is me at the Palmer show!

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...aysatthePa.jpg

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by spotmom View Post
    .....Gun shows are a great social event for me, I see people I went to school with -- worked with ETC ETC !...
    No doubt about that!

...IT MAY BE THE LAST ONE !!....
    Even if it isn't held at the high school in the future, I really doubt that it will be the last Wasilla Gun Show. The Palmer Gun Show moved to Raven Hall from Palmer High some time back.

Maybe the Wasilla Show can move to the sports arena and get even bigger?