Thread: tracks

Default tracks

Was curious if anybody up north uses the tracks on your atv's and if so what kind? Likes, dislikes. Thanks

You'll see them every once in awhile up here. I run TJD all season tracks. They're the last generation before the Gen X series came out.
    With tracks on as long as you know what they can and can't do you usually have to work at getting stuck. Mine put a little over 0.8 psi of ground pressure per track on the ground. That lets me run over some pretty messy stuff without getting stuck. In snow (that's not powder) I've only ever sank in about 8 inches. There are some videos on the Internet that show the different kinds of terrain they can get you through without getting stuck.
    On the downside, they'll cut your your gas mileage up to half of normal depending on the machine and how much you're hauling.
    They can be hard to steer depending on the terrain.
    Overall they require more maintenance than a wheel rig.
    You won't get stuck nearly as often as a machine with tires will but when you do get stuck you're usually stuck pretty good and it can take a little more effort to get unstuck because of the extra weight (about 85 lbs. per track).
    There are some other things to watch out for but having said all of that I still think mine were worth the money and enjoy having them on my machine.

Default thanks for the reply

AkCPO, we went for a snow ride yesterday and I started kicking the idea of it around. Love sleds but with the $$$ and usually having to chase the snow around, just decided to stay with the atv's. Thanks again

Hi There I Have Tatou 4s There Made For Four Seasons You Can Look Them Up Under Camoplast, I Researched A Long Time Before Buying Mine Because I Wanted Some Thing That I Could Run Year Around And I Love Mine, I Had Them On A Suzuki King Quad 700, But Wanted Some Thing Me And My Wife Could Use Besides Hunting So I Got A Rhino 700 And Put Them On It, That Thing Will Go Just About Any Where You Want To Go. I Live In Fairbanks And I Got Mine 3800.00 Delevered To Fairbanks. If You Want More Info PM Me

Thumbs up thanks Skip

I will do that.