Thread: Which Fish Processor Kenai/Soldotna?

Question Which Fish Processor Kenai/Soldotna?

I need recommendations on fish processing in the Kenai/Soldotna area. I will probably have around 75lbs of salmon to smoke. I'm looking to get the best bang for the buck.

Thanks in Advance

Default processor

There are several along K-Beach road. Pennisula processing is close to Soldotna, there are pretty good. Ed's Kasilof has a place just before the brigde on the left hand side in Soldotna. I prefer Shug harbor processors for their smoked halibut. I have had from the others and find their smoked halibut the best. They all are about the same as far a smoked salmon goes.(in my opinion)
    Best of luck to ya.

Default Processing

Their is one I forget the name in Soldotna (down from Best Western) that has always done a good job for me.

I hope you locals can help me with the name.

Doug

Doug is referring to Custom Seafood Processors ... they are on the west side of the Best Western in a new building this year ... they used to be on the east side.

Deep Creek Custom Packing also does fine smoking work and also does canning as well for those that wish to can (smoked or fresh).

Tustumena Snokehouse always did the best smoking work in the area, but don't do individual orders any longer from what I hear