Thread: Is there anywhere to ride now?

Default Is there anywhere to ride now?

With all this new snow, are there any trails passable by 4wheeler without getting stuck a lot, or do we all just wait until April/ May?

Quote Originally Posted by zeb View Post
    With all this new snow, are there any trails passable by 4wheeler without getting stuck a lot, or do we all just wait until April/ May?
    I went on a short ride (15 miles) behind my house today in Palmer. Snow depths on the trail were between 12" and 18". Very ridable!!! Consistent trail speeds between 20mph and 40mph. I live about 6 miles from Jim Creek (as the crow flies), so I am betting the trail conditions at Jim Creek are similar. That is about it as far as I know. Give it a try and let us know. I plan on hitting Jim Creek in a couple of weeks with a few friends. It is usually ridable all year long. I hear Jim Creek is frozen solid as well. Should be a good ride all the way to Jim Lake! Lots of fun!
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Knik might blow out at any time. There can be 3 feet of snow there, the wind kicks in and in a couple hours, the rocks will show. Jan/Feb can be very nice. Be prepared to spend the night, warm up and dry out a frozen body and find your way back in a white out.

Mike