Thread: Yamaha VK Pro ski skins (11")

Default Yamaha VK Pro ski skins (11")

I thought I would post this here but I just installed 11" skins on my VK Pro up from the 7" standards. Wow, what a difference. I had to get them in Canada but it sure seems like it is well worth it. Reason I say it seems is because I have only ridden in my neighborhood so far, but in 3' of powder, I notice a real big difference. I'll be taking it out next weekend for a good test run but I have to say it is well worth the investment so far.

Default Where and how much??

Tzieli22,

I also own a new VK and would like to know where you purchased your skins. They sound like a great idea.

Feel free to PM.

Thanks

DAN

Default PM sent

Dan,
    I sent you the info plus a link to another good site for info.

Tony

Default Why need skis.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by SusitnaAk View Post
    Hi Tony,is there a chance you could post that info here for all us VKers??Or PM me,sounds like a good find on your part!! Thanks,Dean
    Buzzy

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewforum.php?f=56 Heres a link to the other form that we use. lots good info there just for the VK..

Default Here you go

As Susitna AK has posted this is the Canadian link for us Yamaha 4 strokers...

http://www.ty4stroke.com/

And if you look down at 4 stroke forum section you'll see the VK Professional link. a lot of good info and within this link you'll also see a thread on the ski skins with my input. But here is the actual link and contact info that was provided.
    www.YamahaGenuineParts.com

And here is my PM thread I provided to Dan.

This is the thread within the previous link I sent you. 11" ski skins SMA-8FNSK-11-BK $71.95 CAN
    9" SMA-8FNSK-09-BK $68.95 CAN

You can try calling these guys

or
    709) 466-7326 for Wiseman's Sales & Service

Or here is another one to call
    found this in Yamaha general "We are a Yamaha only dealer in Canada, our website www.YamahaGenuineParts.com is available to you with the latest in Yamaha Snowmobile Parts and Snowmobile Accessories current to 2009
    Our Yamaha Online microfiche allows you to see the parts you require and your purchase price including shipping, all prior to ordering, online. Our secure website allows for quick Fedex and Xpresspost shipping to the USA and Canada and around the world."

This presents a great opportunity for our USA customers. Save 15-20% on the exchange rate,and no State Taxes ! We have parts support for Yamaha Motorcycles, ATV,Snowmobile,Watercraft, Jet Boats,Generators,Rhinos and more…

Toll Free anywhere in N.America 1-877-414-0404

Please note though that I didn't order from them, but I believe they would be above board.

Also,
    Let me know how you all make out (good or bad.) If we show a strong enough interest I may contact Yamaha directly to see if we can get something going within the US. It is very disappointing to me that Yamaha USA doesn't have all the same products as our Canadian friends.

If this thread is to long or confusing I'll try to clean it up a bit but should get you started.

Good luck.

Tony
    Later today I'll take a picture of my sled with the skins and post it here.

Default Here are some pictures of the skins

Here are a couple of pictures, I'll send a couple more

Default part 2

Seems to be I can only put 2 pictures at a time.

This should do it.

Tony