Thread: New Old Stock Sales...

Default New Old Stock Sales...

I am looking at a 2008 New Old Stock machine. Brand New, exactly the same as a 2009. Right now the dealer is only $300 lower than a current year model.

What should I expect to save by purchasing a 2008 VS 2009? I know that resell is alot more than $300 difference for a year older machine.

Options?

Mike

We just paid somewhere around 1200 less than last years price on a new "last years" 08 M8, granted, the 09 M8's have some substantial upgrades over the 08's, but still!

Dont know if that helps, but I think for 300 less than last years price I would just get this years sled or find another dealer.
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

300$ less is no deal in my opinion, they can do a lot better than that.

Default discount

$300 off the price on a year old 'new' machine, NO DEAL!
    We got $300 off the price on our 2009 when we got it in Oct. They can do better then that or keep shopping.

Buy the latest model. You will even lose more than $300, simply by signing the papers on the sale. There is way more than $300 to be saved, just by making a few calls, between dealers.
    SP
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

IMO, unless the dealer knocks a whack off, never buy last years machines from a dealer. Better to buy a one year old machine from someone who upgrades every year. One with low mileage, and let the otherguy absorb the depreciation. Or, find guys who have bought this years machine, and are flogging them off for whatever reason.
    I never buy new anyway

Default Get the 09

If you are looking at 08's and only going to save 300 bucks get an 09. DONE! I just picked up an 08 with a few miles and tons of mods at the dealer. I got tired of private parties wanting the same money as n.o.s. dealers. I sctaully went to the dealer to finalize the purchase of an 08 Summit and started looking at add ons.......they had one set up for less than what a new one would run fully accessorized. Sure I don't get to put the first scratch in it or get the entire warranty but I'm willing to take that chance.

Default I'd pass!

I was in a similar situation before I settled on my new Tundra LT. I was looking at a widetrack SUV that was a 2008 carryover. I could not believe that they were only willing to budge $300 off of current prices. That is crazy! In the lower 48 when I was looking at ATV's there were great deals on previous year models. Didnt make any sense. As has been said, by just walking out the door with an '08 you will be loosing a huge chunk. Definitely now worth it!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

There's a lot of dealers sittin on old new stock.

I've seen Arctic Cat and Polaris dealer ads with new machines going back to the 2005 year model.

When I was ATV shopping earlier in the year, the guy at Hartley told me they had a couple of new old sleds they couldn't move.

I don't see how $300 less is much of a "deal" on last years model.

you must be looking at skidoos. I just went through the same ordeal and picked up an 06 polaris in the crate from hartley for 6k. not a super smoking deal but I'm happy with it. make some calls out to Big Lake, yamaha, polaris and arctic cat all have some good deals on leftovers right now.

If the machine's exactly the same? I'd pocket 3 bills and go riding. Depreciation is a myth. The value of a used sled that's exactly the same between two model years is based on condition, not what the model year says. The hot '07 and '08 deals out there are for machines that are now outdated or discontinued. But, those may be the ideal sled for you. Sit down Yamahas are a prime example. The Nytro comes out and the sit down models drop in price. That doesn't mean they aren't great sleds. Good price, financing incentives, and extended warranty? Now you're talking.

It was -24* at the landing today. An old-school sit down sled with a big windshield would've been nice to have!!!

I fixed it. Bought a used 2008 for a decent price and got some goodies with it. Saved many times the $300.

Thanks for all the replies!!!!
    Mike