Thread: Ron Wilson Hospitalized

Default Ron Wilson Hospitalized

Just thought I'd let the community know that Ron Wilson, who runs Susitna Landing, has been hospitalized. I believe he's in Providence. I hear he suffered a stroke and isn't dong so well. If and as I hear more, I'll update this posting. Please say a prayer for him and his family.

So sorry to hear this, Ron and Marylin are GREAT people. Why do bad things happen to good people?

Thoughts and prayers sent and please keep us posted!

Thanks
    Curt

Prayers are sent Ron is a great guy and was always willing to help people out

Default bad news

Our prayers go out to Ron and Marilyn and their family. They are great people. We hope Ron recovers quickly.

Default Ron's status...

A good friend of mine who is a longtime friend of the Wilson's, told me this morning that he had spoke with Marilyn Wilson just last night (SUN). The report on Ron was rather bleak. She told him that the stroke that Ron had appears to have been one with permanent damages. He will have VERY little (if any) recovery for one side/parts of his body. He is currently at Providence in Anchorage. He and Marylin are "apparently" going through the motions of how they're going to live their lives from here on out due to his limited state. I sadly believe that ol Ron's river runnin' days might be over. I truly truly hope that I'm wrong. He's a great man and an absolutely awesome boat operator. What a shame...

Thanks for the up date, this is very sad news..........
    Please everyone, lets pray for a miracle. If you don't know Ron here is a little about him....

Ron is the type of guy who would run in front of you with a knife to word off a charging grizzly bear and then introduce himself to you. He is truly a great man. He has run the river/rivers of the Big Su for many years and has always been the angel on the river for all. He has made countless trips in the dark to rescue people without batting a eye and most of the time only asked the person to return the favor to someone else along the river in need. Ron is a "TRUE ALASKAN" and I am better person for knowing him, how could you not be?

Prayers and thoughts everyday my friend, I wish you well........

Curt

Quote Originally Posted by swampdonkey View Post
    A good friend of mine who is a longtime friend of the Wilson's, told me this morning that he had spoke with Marilyn Wilson just last night (SUN). The report on Ron was rather bleak. She told him that the stroke that Ron had appears to have been one with permanent damages. He will have VERY little (if any) recovery for one side/parts of his body. He is currently at Providence in Anchorage. He and Marylin are "apparently" going through the motions of how they're going to live their lives from here on out due to his limited state. I sadly believe that ol Ron's river runnin' days might be over. I truly truly hope that I'm wrong. He's a great man and an absolutely awesome boat operator. What a shame...

Quote Originally Posted by swampdonkey View Post
    I sadly believe that ol Ron's river runnin' days might be over. I truly truly hope that I'm wrong. He's a great man and an absolutely awesome boat operator. What a shame...
    He'll still be out there on them rivers... in the eyes, on thf fingertips, and in the hearts of the hundreds (if not far more) of us who've learned from him over the years. A shame? Yes, but at the same time I still envy Ron, I hope I'll have made even a fraction of the difference in folks lives as he has by the time I reach his age.

Default connection to keep up to date with Ron's progress

You can keep up to date on how Ron is doing by going to their website (www.ronsriverboat.com) where Marilyn is providing daily updates.

Ron is showing some improvement and we can keep praying for more. He's got a long way to go to get back onto the river. Those of you that know Ron are well aware that he is ornery enough to do just that and we hope and pray that is exactly what will happen.

where on the web site is Marilyn posting I coudnt find the update.

Default website

upper right corner of home page.

"Updates on Ron"

Default Hopes

My families thoughts and prayers go out to Ron and His family for a well deserved speedy recovery. Hope to see him back on the river this spring !!
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Default get well

Get well you old goat.

Anyone have a recent update on Ron?

Default check this link to see how ron is doing