Thread: Seeking guide/outfitter recommendations for southeast stream/lake destination trip

Default Seeking guide/outfitter recommendations for southeast stream/lake destination trip

3-6 fly & spin fisherman looking for guide/outfitter recommedations or connetions to people who might help us with what we're looking for. Hoping to do 3-5 day trip somewhere in the Southeast for trout, steels, dollies, &/or salmon on streams or lakes. Will be in or headed to Ketchikan on front or backend of trip. Would like to travel in June or July, coming from Wyoming. A lake destination with lodge might be ideal for us. Looking for some variety in adventures, fishing, fish species, wildlife, and scenary. We'd be grateful for any help/guidance. Thanks, DadaMoose

Default a starting point

Your request is a bit vague, but try going to www.mistyfjordsair.com to get some ideas. I have used this air charter out of Ketchikan myself, and they know the area very well.
    LBenz

I can help you out with info about the Ketchikan / Prince of Wales area.

I also do Guiding and we could possibly work something out depending on your needs.

the seems like a bad time to fish the ketchican area it will be great for saltwater fishing, ie trolling for kings and fishing for buts by july dollies and pinks will be coming in to some extent if you are looking for good trout fishing I'd suggest fishing somewhere other than southeast, I know ketchican is better than here but trout fishing is pretty dismal here unless you like 9 inch dollies. I'd recomend going to Kodiak instead of South East. Take my info with a grain of salt though as I'm going off experiance from fishing here in Juneau and I could be totally wrong.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.