Thread: Gun Price?

Default Gun Price?

I've got a old Western Field Montgomery Ward 12 GA Shotgun, 28" Barrel, Bolt Action with a 3 shot clip, Fixed Sights and Select Choke that I bought in used mint condition 23 years ago and never really used it. It is still in almost new condition and its just taking up space in my gun safe. I believe its actually made by Mossberg and sold by Montgomery Wards. My brother had a Mossberg the same as mine and we could never see any difference from one or another. I'm thinking of selling it if it is worth something. I have no Idea what it is worth. Does any one have any idea what it is worth or where I can find out?

Mark

FWIW A quick check of "Blue Book of Gun Values" shows a Mossberg bolt action 3 shot shot gun at 100% for $150 down to 60% for $50. Just a guide.

My father had a 20 pump from Ward's that was his "Hun" gun. Lots of birds were put on our dinner table with that gun.

I have one too. was dads turkey gun. No real value to anyone but me. They are light and kick like mules.

Leonard C. Thanks for the quick quote. I figured it would not be worth too much. I think I give 100 bucks for it in 1985. Killed lots of Ptarmigan with it my first year I had it and put it away for about 10 years and killed a turkey with it in Texas. Its a pretty versatile gun, but kinda bulky to carry. Very accurate with a box of slugs I put thru it one time. Its had in my 23 years of ownership about two boxes of birdshot and one box of slugs. I have no real need for a gun I haven't shot in years. Like I said, it takes up space in the gun safe and it is a big gun. You think 120.00 is a fair price?

Mark

Sorry, can't help you. I don't follow gun prices much. I have several guns in the safe that I will never shoot and have been thinking of selling; that's why I have the book. I always thought I'd pass them on to the kids and grandkids, but for various reasons that doesn't seem to be a good plan any more.

My main line of thinking while trolling the gun selling sites is: He's asking HOW MUCH...for THAT? or I'd NEVER sell mine for that! I haven't figured out how to split out the "feelings" from the facts when trying to put a price on mine.

Good luck.

Default 100

I will give you a hundred bucks for it.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com