Thread: recent mushing pics

Default recent mushing pics

Was overcast on the 24th when I was out, light snow, was amazed at how dark it stayed all day, could hardly see the trail and it had blown hard and snowed since I was last on it:

Here's a shot of what most of my trails look like when they are in the thick brush, running an 18" wide toboggan and we barely squeak through:

Last shot are the four pups we raised; they are now two years old. My son wrote an article on them for Mushing magazine titled The Spoiled Rotten Puppy Training Technique <grin>. I guess it worked cuz here they are in kitchen sitting on command all together as my wife feeds them some treats:

All I have to share right now. Happy mushing to all!

Heehee as always, great pictures. Wow what a lot of flat light on that first one. Those pups look awesome. Do they run the trails with you yet? Are those birch bark cupboard doors that you made yourself? If so, they are awesome.
    Alaska, the Madness; Bloggity Stories of the North
    http://cloud9doula.wordpress.com/

Does this shotgun make my butt look big?

Georganna, we just call them "pups" still even though they are nearly three years old. They've been in the team for a couple seasons now.

And yes, I made the woven birchbark cupboard doors...they are pretty thrashed now and need some work. Easy to make actually, just a matter of finding the bark and cutting in strips.

Lol they may be well used but they are still awesome. How did you attach the strips to the frames? What did you use for hinges? I'm really interested in doing stuff like that for my future house.

How many dogs do you have in all?
    Alaska, the Madness; Bloggity Stories of the North
    http://cloud9doula.wordpress.com/

Does this shotgun make my butt look big?