Thread: Tarus Tracker 44 or Super BlackHawk

Default Tarus Tracker 44 or Super BlackHawk

Which would you prefer,its going to be a gift.They shoot handguns well but their biggest is 357 and 45acp.And yes for carrying in the bush.No I won't be spending more than I can get these for

hi will.............looking at the durability, reliability, and RESALE, i would go with the ruger. they sell cheap, around $200.00 used, and never break down. accuracy with the supers is very good, and they seem to like most any bullet type!

i own tauris handguns, and compaired to S&W they are a great buy, trouble is the fit and finish isn't as good. resale is only fair. check out the gunsamerica web for current prices on new and used.

happy trails.
    jh

Both are great choices, I would just go with the one I found the better deal on first. I think D/A is a little better choice for bush protection, but a S/A Ruger is a better hunting and target gun. Thatís my $.02

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by pinehavensredrocket View Post
    hi will.............looking at the durability, reliability, and RESALE, i would go with the ruger. they sell cheap, around $200.00 used, and never break down. accuracy with the supers is very good, and they seem to like most any bullet type!

i own tauris handguns, and compaired to S&W they are a great buy, trouble is the fit and finish isn't as good. resale is only fair. check out the gunsamerica web for current prices on new and used.

happy trails.
    jh
    Can you explain this please??? If their resale is so good then why are the selling so cheap??

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Can you explain this please??? If their resale is so good then why are the selling so cheap??

well........the ruger's have been around for a long time, and in the hunting fields are very popular. the retail price is low compaired to other good single actions. the blackhawk's are high quality, and pretty hard to "wear out", and because of the numbers of guns out there (from flattops to new models) they are as common as nails. this keeps the price low.

good luck in your search, and

happy trails.
    jh

What about the Taurus Model 44? 6 round cylinder, and still double action. Like the Trackers big brother. Taurus also has a lifetime warranty.

Thanks for the replys.I'm finding both guns at just under the four hundred dollar mark so it may just come down to which store has the fewer cars in the parking lot as the guns are at different places.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Thanks for the replys.I'm finding both guns at just under the four hundred dollar mark so it may just come down to which store has the fewer cars in the parking lot as the guns are at different places.
    one last tip.........buy one used! this is kind of a tough economy right now and if you check around, you may find a super deal. look at want ads, posts at sporting goods stores, grocery stores, etc. telephone big and small sport shops........it's cheaper than fuel.

good luck and....

happy trails.
    jh

I'm afraid to buy a handgun for someone else since you never know what they might do with it. Then it's too late, and your name is all over the paperwork. Ever consider a private sale?
    Chris

There may be things I'm afraid of but that ain't it.I don't worry about selling a car or truck just because they may kill someone with it before the paper work goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    There may be things I'm afraid of but that ain't it.I don't worry about selling a car or truck just because they may kill someone with it before the paper work goes through.

if they did kill someone with the car no one would look at you like you did something wrong... do that with a gun and people will wonder, (i guarantee it). do you really want that kind of attention?
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

At 60 and haveing sold thousands of guns set up at gun shows its never happened.I care about how my peers and the law look at me and care less about Joe public most of the time JMHO

Default Tarus or Blackhawk

I've had an awful lot of experience with .44mag Super Black hawks. Used to shoot steel silhouettes with one.I eventually had to have it overhauled by the company, BUT NOT BEFORE I HAD MORE THAN 15.000 Rounds THROUGH IT! This gun shot nothing but heavy cast bullets,and ww296 ball powder, over a eight year time period.None of this ammo where what you would call low recoil target loads either.I just can't tell how much I just loved this gun, fairly comfortable to shoot and unbelievably reliable. NOW, there was a minor problem with the gun. After heavy use, sometimes the frame/ejector shroud screws wound need to be snugged down. Now would I buy used, you bet! After shooting a few hundred rounds through these guns, the actions all seem to loosen up and feel better. Hope all this helps!

Default Not the same gun

Between the Taurus and the Blackhawk, the choice should be obvious. What do they do with their guns now? If they like to shoot double action, the the Taurus. If they love single action work, the Ruger.

Exception being if they have expressed an interest in changing to the other style of shooting.

Just my 0.02

Lost Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by fritz982 View Post
    After heavy use, sometimes the frame/ejector shroud screws wound need to be snugged down.
    I have 3 357 Blackhawks and a .22/.22mag New Model now, And over the years a bunch of other Ruger S/A's. That dang screw backs out of them all once in a while, but like you thatís the only thing I have ever had go wrong that was not due to something I did. I think it's due to the fact that only 3 or 4 threads engage in the short hole, there is very little meat to tap in that spot and I bet the old Colts did it too.

Andy