Thread: Handgun stuff for Christmas, what'd ya get?

Default Handgun stuff for Christmas, what'd ya get?

Good buddy Zach got me two speedloaders and a little holster for them for my Taurus 44. Can't wait to use them.

I got a DeSantis small of back holster for my J-frame 442. It's just what I wanted. I have been wearing all day to get it broken in. It does remind me a question I need to post: What do you do to quieten up a noisey leather hoslter?
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by swamp creature View Post
    What do you do to quieten up a noisey leather hoslter? Chris
    Mink oil, Leather New or a glycerin saddle soap and work it in the stitching very well, Tandy Leather or any feed shop should have them. Mink oil is the best I think but also the hardest to find now days. Don't use neets foot oil, it's great for the leather apart from darkening the color, but will rot the stitching out in about 2 years.

The wife got a Lady Smith 357, I got hords of reloading stuff to go with my 460 I got last month.

Andy

Can you believe this? I must've been super good since Santa brought me Ruger Redhawk 44 mag. 4 in barrel! Or maybe it's my wonderful wife who got tired of listening to my Redhawk nagging and how much I NEEDED it for "bear protection"... In any case I'm happy.

Anton

Quote Originally Posted by swamp creature View Post
    I got a DeSantis small of back holster for my J-frame 442. It's just what I wanted. I have been wearing all day to get it broken in. It does remind me a question I need to post: What do you do to quieten up a noisey leather hoslter?
    Chris
    sometimes mink oil will leave leather "flabby" and oily. it won't come back to it's original shape. this is a saddlemakers trick.........water. water will not hurt leather (as witnessed by some of my saddles) just condition it properly afterwards.

soak your holster in plain water (warm is o.k.--NEVER hot), then put your gun in a plastic bag and insert into your holster. let dry at room temps NOT NEAR A HEAT SOURCE. overnight should do it. then use a conditioner such as "leather therapy or lexol" sparingly. that will do the trick, and your holster will remain it's original size and condition.

happy trails.
    jh

Quote Originally Posted by ftaba1 View Post
    Can you believe this? I must've been super good since Santa brought me Ruger Redhawk 44 mag. 4 in barrel! Or maybe it's my wonderful wife who got tired of listening to my Redhawk nagging and how much I NEEDED it for "bear protection"... In any case I'm happy.

Anton
    Thats awesome Anton! I really wanted that exact gun, but this Taurus Model 44 just kinda plopped into my lap so I'm happy with it.

Found a box of 1000 magnum pistol primers under the tree.

Got a Springfield XD-40 with tritium night sights, a bottle of 19yo bottle of scotch, and some REALLY special treatment. I married the right woman!

Default My ruger LCP

Just showed up. It is back from the factory recall. They sent an exta mag like promised with the finger extension. Plus a nice embroidered hat. Oh and even a manual slide hold open lever. Pretty cool I thought. Plus it was fast, not even 2 weeks turnaround time since I mailed it out.

Older cast iron, Lyman turret press I been looking for and some 41 mag dies.

I got a large abrasive blasting cabinet for the garage. Going to start gun refinishing (hobby).

Got a new Browning Buckmark .22lr. It will make a fun plinker and perfect for introducing new shooters to the sport.

Default toy

I got a les baer 1911

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I got a les baer 1911
    Roman,

You must have been very good this last year! I love a great 1911.

I got a 100.00 dollar gift cert from Cabelas. I think I'll get a chronograph to stop guessing about what my reloads are doing.

no actually I got served with divorce papers so I wasnt really that good

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    no actually I got served with divorce papers so I wasnt really that good
    Sorry to here about that. Here's hoping 2009 is better.

Load up several thousand rounds for that 45 break it in at the range. I own a wilson 1911 in 45acp and it's my favorite to shoot.

Take care.

Not a f!@#ing thing!

Default Handgun Stuff for Christmas

Hey, I got a Glock 10mm,w/5 mags two boxes Hollow points. This all was from my Loving Bride of 22 years.
    Jimboak47