Thread: The Nor Vice

Default The Nor Vice

Best Vice ever made, thanks Santa

Seriously check em out at the sportsmans show, just awesome
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Saw the guy that invented them at the Fly Fishing Show last winter in Marlboro,Mass. Incredible looking vice and watching him use it was awesome. I was most impressed with that automatic bobbin system he had. Slick! Nice toy you got for Xmas

http://www.nor-vise.com/
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

dubbing all of a sudden got super easy and neat

Default I should sell mine..........Yahhh right

I bought a NorVise a few years ago and used it a lot the first week I owned it............Not so much after that.........I will have to try to break it out this winter

Cool

Nice man..its about time you got one of those vises Akpowder....pretty sweet huh?

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

The Nor-Vise is a great vise. Learning curve with the bobbin is usually what most have trouble with but once that is mastered (pinky tight on the spool before thread cut). Have been tying with one for 6 years or so. Norm is a great guy and fun to watch and talk with.

The tie inn at 3 rivers will resume in January and I have my Nor-Vise with me so if you have some "Alaskan Techniques" and tricks for some of the flies we tie that you would like to see, come buy. The articulated fly is one that I have worked out on this vice that cut some frustration out of the rotating vise's querks.

Love that vise and the flies it ties.

George

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Saw the guy that invented them at the Fly Fishing Show last winter in Marlboro,Mass. Incredible looking vice and watching him use it was awesome. I was most impressed with that automatic bobbin system he had. Slick! Nice toy you got for Xmas

http://www.nor-vise.com/
    He puts on an impressive show for sure.

I saw him at a FF Show a few years back. His demonstration will sure make you want one.

Default More techniques than ever...

It's impressive what that vise can do.
    On his website, he's added much more cool stuff than I saw last year (2 yrs ago?). But, I probably tie more Prince Nymphs than any other single color/pattern combination and Norlander's techinque for reinforcing/tying on peacock herl; as shown in the video, Fly Tying - Part 5 - Basic Technique is quick and effective.

Congratulations on your new vise!

Quote Originally Posted by 6XLeech View Post
    It's impressive what that vise can do.
    On his website, he's added much more cool stuff than I saw last year (2 yrs ago?). But, I probably tie more Prince Nymphs than any other single color/pattern combination and Norlander's techinque for reinforcing/tying on peacock herl; as shown in the video, Fly Tying - Part 5 - Basic Technique is quick and effective.

Congratulations on your new vise!
    yup 90% of my successful nymphs require Peacock herl, now my flies will last more than 5 fish