Thread: Mendenhall morning

Default Mendenhall morning

This is my first use of the forum though I've enjoyed reading for a few years.

Merry Christmas!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska

Excellent composition: I like the way the water leads you into the image to explore more !!

Great image !! Post more !!

Thumbs up Great first post

That is a nice way to start out here,, with an excellent image.
    let us see what you ask your lense to capture.
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Very nice photo. I agree.

Welcome to the forum!

Very nice image. Thanks for posting.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Thanks for the comments. The photos posted here are stunning and the comments very informative. It's great to have a place to get feedback and instruction.

Now I need to figure out how to post pics directly to the page.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just learned recently myself, but I will tell you how I do it. I use Flickr, so I get the url of the image, and then copy and paste it in between the below symbols.

[img] picture's url here [/img]

But with no spaces between the url and symbols

Be sure not to use a large or original size file. If you do, it will not fit on the forum screen. If you don't use Flickr, you should take a look. The basic Flickr is free. You set up an account and easily download your images off your computer onto Flickr and put them in "sets" which are just albums. From there you can email links to the images to other people and they can see a slideshow. To get an individual image's url from the "set" page, you just click on the image, it opens bigger, then you select "all sizes", select size (I often use medium for the forum), then at the bottom of the image, you will see the url for that specific image and image size. For $20/year, you can get a "Pro" account. That just gives you unlimited download potential. In my opinion, well worth the money for sharing images with family and friends. If you use Picassa or Photobucket, you can download images here just as easily (or perhaps more easily), I am just familiar with Flickr. Below is an example of a Flickr slideshow. You can email this link to anyone. When the link opens, click "slideshow" in the upper right side of the page. Any questions, shoot me a pm.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2114408...7603675756905/
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Well done Geo! Really nice images.
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Pretty place.....could be a fish there?

Default Mendenhall morning

There wouldn't be a fish in that one but you wouldn't have to go far. Lot's of bear competition!