Thread: camcorder suggestions?

Default camcorder suggestions?

So I recieved a sony DCR-DVD810 for a christmas present. I tried it out some and the picture qaulity is somewhat lacking.

Im thinking about echanging this for a High Def camcorder.

Ive been doing some research but Im still not sure what would be a good camera to get.

Picture quality is paramount, Editing things is second.

Looking to spend about 600.00 or so.

Well if anyone is interested here is what I came up with.

Canon Vixia HG20. This is a High definition camcorder that records to a hard drive. No tapes or discs.

Picture qaulity is very vey good. Im really happy with that. And I havent even tried the highest qaulity setting yet. That being because Im a little confused wether or not it will record onto a DVD disk or not. From what I can figure the highest qaulity is only transferable to a blue ray.

Editing software that it came with is very basic but works. As this avdhc format catches on software should get better.

The learning curve of using the editing software and transfering edited video to DVD is pretty steep. So far I have succesfully transfered raw footage to DVD's directley via the camera.

I did alot of research both on the net and hands on at bestbuy. Sony makes a pretty equivelnt camera to this canon. But the canon was cheaper. I like canons better anyway.

Default You like?

How 'bout a sample?

Were you able to stay under your budget?

well here is a youtube link of my baby that I shot with this camera. of course the video doesnt look as good as it does on the tv. Not sure how to make a postable high qaulity sample http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM5vuDOH01A

The camera was 599.99

Default Great looking kid

That's a cute kid!

Video quality looks pretty good, even for non-HD quality. I'm not sure about the YouTube HD thing either... I believe you need to edit it with an HD compat hunk of software... goes from there.

But I have not upgraded to HD video... yet.

Thanks for sharing!

Later!

Thanks Stogey! She is really fun to video! Ive gotten alot of footage of her this last couple of days! Uploading a little bit longer video of her now. Its a good way to share her with freinds and family that are out of state.