Thread: Rocky Land? Hiline Lake?

Default Rocky Land? Hiline Lake?

i've just spent some time with the search function and didn't manage to turn up the info i'm looking for. perhaps someone out there can help me out. i'm looking for remote land, but have some specific desires for that land.

what areas should i be looking in for rocky, hilly land? trees and cabin logs would be necessary as well.

i'll mostly be using the cabin for recreation, and want rocky land. exposed ridge rock/bedrock, chunky rocks, gravelly soil. i would be happy to be waaay off the road system. my intention is to build some technically challenging mtn bike trails on the land for my own personal enjoyment while i'm there.

the dnr site says that the land around hiline lake(that isn't swamp/bog) is "rugged". aerial photos look rocky. anyone know if this is the case?

thanks in advance!

If you are going to put in bike trails out here bring a chainsaw. The land around here is solid alder or muskeg any trails you build around here would be rugged.
    Chuck

i was hoping you would answer! i couldn't imagine not heading out to a cabin site without a chainsaw.

how about the rocks though? is it all soft soil under the muskeg, or rocky? i realize it might vary in different parts of the area. i'm looking at the dnr plots on the southwest side of the lake.

reply via pm if you would rather not tell everyone. thank you.