Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impaitently waiting

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default Impaitently waiting

As a dad who refuses to allow the kids to NOT believe in Santa, i am impatiently waiting tomorrow morning.

last week terry at black bear called me and said my Girls black bear hide was back as well all of our skulls, the kids have no idea there skulls and one hide is here for Christmas.. they each shot 15 1/4 &15 1/2 inch Blackies and i have a 25 3/16 grizz. ( all the kids were there) Terry's guy in Palmer did a wonderful job on the skulls.. guaranteed never to yellow and he signs and numbers each piece.

They are WOW! better then any i have ever done on my own.. the tanned hide for my daughter is really nice. i am sure she will love it....

PHOTOS to be posted after opening!!!!

now if i can convince them ONE MORE year i am tired and they need to go to bed. so Santa can come calling
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Mine are the post Santa age. It was fun while it lasted
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Great job for the kids Vince.

Default Santa

I wish Santa was my taxidermist, might could afford a few more toys.

Nice work, im sure they'll be pleased.

we never did/do the Santa thing.... always let the kids know what Christmas was really about, and that it takes hard work and money to put presents under the tree..

I cant wait for next hunting season (i'll be a resident)

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Default tough call

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    we never did/do the Santa thing.... always let the kids know what Christmas was really about, and that it takes hard work and money to put presents under the tree..

I cant wait for next hunting season (i'll be a resident)
    I can certainly understand that but I think that it's a tough call, I have always prefered to have both.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

We do both and even had the kids draw names for each other this year. gave them 30 dollars each from the money they each earned this year... but Santa always has a surprise and something for the stockings
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Sure beats Barbies!

I give my kids the strangest OR the most usefull things I can get ahold of.

Default A Quick Break.....

on the sleigh tonight to say that I hope I make all the proper deliveries tonight. Ho-Ho-Hoping that the young and "young at heart" are happy in the morning and all year long. After a four month rest, I'll be ready for some spring bear hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Claus View Post
    on the sleigh tonight to say that I hope I make all the proper deliveries tonight. Ho-Ho-Hoping that the young and "young at heart" are happy in the morning and all year long. After a four month rest, I'll be ready for some spring bear hunting.
    Thanks for popping in there Santa! I went ahead and picked up my 17HMR for Christmas early this month so if you don't mind you can just leave the $220 reimbursement under the tree.

Bear hide and skull's I can add those to my 18mths old daughters list in a few years, on top of pellet gun, 22lr.............

Default Xmas & Bday

My daughter just turned 2, she made out.. carharts, camo, a youth rem 410 (pink) and tommorow morning she gets her (pink) bb gun.. cant wait till shes old enough to shoot. she also has a pink cricket .22
    Last edited by DaveLuntz; 12-31-2008 at 23:09.

My daughter already has a Tikka .243, dad is just going to have to hang on to it for a few years. Right now she is scared of any loud noices so hopefully she grows out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Claus View Post
    Hmmmm... I believe we have ourselves a "Sock Puppet".

BTW... you can't say "ho ho ho" anymore. The PC Police says it's "lady of the night, lady of the night, lady of the night"...
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

OK,
    It's after 9 AM and I too am "Impatiently Waiting". Where are the pics Vince?
    SP
    PS: Ever had Christmas Morning in a Mansion before? It truly isn't quite like celebrating in a Cabin. Gotta run, lots of folks dropping by to wish me well and bring me gifts and such.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default Santa pulled some strings

with the airlines and was able to get our son home from school in Utah. Mom knew nothing about it and was up set that he wouldn't answer his phone on Christmas eve. To make things worse she was ticked at me for forgetting a few things at the "store" and having to go out and get them last night. When my truck pulled in the driveway she came out all ready to give me an earfull. To her suprise I wasn't in the truck(was hiding by the drive with the video camera). He's been away for over a year and we were unable to visit him while he was gone. Now they are making up for it as they still haven't gone to bed. As other family members start to show up my smile broadens and heart makes an extra beat when she tells them that Santa traded his sleigh this year for a silver dodge pickup! My gift? The joy and happiness that our family is together and safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meet on face book here

hmm not sure what i did wrong they are not stacking. and one is missing...

meet on face book here

here is the boy 15 1/4 5 foot bear

discussing the cranial ridge as for age the grizz is early 20's and 25 3/16

oldest with her 15 1/2

the dog is scared mind less over the hide and skulls... he realy does not like me bringing this stuff home LOL

meet on face book here

the kids

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast