Thread: 1997 Arctic Cat ZR 440 Fuel Problems

Default 1997 Arctic Cat ZR 440 Fuel Problems

I went out to start my ZR 440 today. Turned on the fuel valve and no fuel started to run, the fuel filter is clear and stayed empty. Ususally I can see the gas start to run in. I have a full tank of gas. Any suggestions.

Ron

You didn't say, but if this is accompanied by the engine not starting, then the first thought is ice. Do you have a warm garage to put it in to thaw out? If you get fuel flowing after being able to thaw out the sled, then I'd go ahead and drain the carb bowls and dump a half bottle of Iso-HEET (the RED bottle) in the tank to help get rid of the water.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default Zr 440

It sits in the garage all of the time. I had it out about a month ago and it ran fine. I guess I will have to start taking things apart.

Grab a small empty coffee can to catch the gas and break the fuel line at an easy spot. I'd try the outlet side of the fuel filter first. If you have gravity flow at that point, then everything back to the tank is good and you can look at fuel pump and carbs. If you have nothing out of the filter, then start moving back toward the tank. Possibles are the fuel filter is plugged, the shut off valve is blocked, or the fuel pickup in the bottom of the tank is plugged. As you work back to the tank, you'll rule out the problems as you go.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default Thanks

I will start on it today and let you know what I find. Thanks for the info. Merry Christmas.