Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitter outting 2009

Default Whitter outting 2009

How many of you would be interested in doing a outting for a weekend in Whitter? Fish during the day and in the evening we would find a cove and have a nice cook out on land.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    How many of you would be interested in doing a outting for a weekend in Whitter? Fish during the day and in the evening we would find a cove and have a nice cook out on land.
    I'm all for it. You are thinking about one in warmer weather right?

I'm game. We seem to spend nearly every weekend out there. Might as well spend it with others that enjoy doing the same things. Are you thinking of heading south? There are some fantastic anchorages in Dangerous Passage that could accomodate a number of boats. There are some good beaches for little and big people to play alike. Could be a good time.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    I'm game. We seem to spend nearly every weekend out there. Might as well spend it with others that enjoy doing the same things. Are you thinking of heading south? There are some fantastic anchorages in Dangerous Passage that could accomodate a number of boats. There are some good beaches for little and big people to play alike. Could be a good time.

Where (place to fish) and when, we can come up with that later on. I'm game for any place to fish. We just need to take in consideration if we have smaller boats that go out with us.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Where (place to fish) and when, we can come up with that later on. I'm game for any place to fish. We just need to take in consideration if we have smaller boats that go out with us.
    And slower....I am not going to win any races in my CD 22. But, god willing, I will probably get there

Quote Originally Posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    And slower....I am not going to win any races in my CD 22. But, god willing, I will probably get there
    Perhaps you will not win any races, but I bet you will burn a lot less fuel! It is all about getting out with the family in my eyes. Could be a fun time. Patron margaritas served over 10000 year old glacial ice...mmm...I cannot wait for spring!

That would be great!! You can take cotoak, huntress, and myself out for our "girls" getaway.
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Perhaps you will not win any races, but I bet you will burn a lot less fuel! It is all about getting out with the family in my eyes. Could be a fun time. Patron margaritas served over 10000 year old glacial ice...mmm...I cannot wait for spring!
    And I really appreciated that last year with the stupid fuel prices as high as they were. I found that if I went 15 mph I could run all the way to Cape Junken from Seward and back on one 18 gallon fuel tank with a gallon or two to spare. Even in the CD 22, it was hard going that slow, as I normally go 23mph or so. But, it was cheap and the fishing was oh so good! When a guy can get over that way, the fishing sure is good.

Quote Originally Posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    And I really appreciated that last year with the stupid fuel prices as high as they were. I found that if I went 15 mph I could run all the way to Cape Junken from Seward and back on one 18 gallon fuel tank with a gallon or two to spare. Even in the CD 22, it was hard going that slow, as I normally go 23mph or so. But, it was cheap and the fishing was oh so good! When a guy can get over that way, the fishing sure is good.
    Very nice! As I pour the coals to ole Patience, after rounding the break water and climb onto step, a quick glance to my fuel management guage shows that I have burned 7/10 of a gallon! At 32 mph I am getting about 1.6 statute miles per gallon. Not too bad for a 12000+ pound boat. It did hurt paying $5.17 a gallon at the fuel dock, though. What is a guy to do when the kids say " Daddy drop the hammer?" I guess they can pay their own way to college!

There is no question that your boat is way more fun. I'd love to have one. But, with my tiny little budget, I had to get a tiny little boat as anything more wouldn't be approved by the "boss". Heck, I have to halibut fish with a 36 inch Scoobie Doo Rod......... I did splurge though with it and put a Penn Senator reel on it

I'm in if i ain't dead tired from picking fish.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I'm game, I just need a ride! HA HA HA! Oh and maybe a place to sleep..
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Count me in, as long as I am home from the Slope.

I always thought that would be fun, and tried to get a Whittier to Valdez trip for last year, but it never worked out.

Schedule permitting the wife and I will be there!!

AkBillyBow
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

Gary, Let me know when and if im back count me in! Dman you're more than welcome to come aboard!

Default I'm interested

I remember billy trying to get the valdez trip going. We should really try to keep this alive so it dont get forgot in our short summer.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtface View Post
    I remember billy trying to get the valdez trip going. We should really try to keep this alive so it dont get forgot in our short summer.
    I do too. It fell though so I went with a fellow C-Brat. I say the more the merrier!

Quote Originally Posted by wldboar View Post
    That would be great!! You can take cotoak, huntress, and myself out for our "girls" getaway.

Wow, That could be dangerous
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Wow, That could be dangerous
    And a lot of fun. Ken210 said he could take us also, if your busy or something. We are planning something late may/early June. Up to me I would wait until July 1st (love those lings) Gotta check your schedule and Kens, maybe we can all go.
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

Me and Gary are gonna hook up and do a lot of fishin this year!
    Last edited by ken210; 12-24-2008 at 18:33. Reason: i r dumb

Quote Originally Posted by ken210 View Post
    Me and Gary are gonna hook up and do a lot of fishin this year!

Yes, if wldboar doesn't kill me with being sea sick. Bring extra clothes to..
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast