Thread: Mathews FX2

Default Mathews FX2

Anybody here own one? A buddy of mine has an oportunity to get a used one and I don't know much about this model. The bow was only hunted with for one season and was taken care of well. Also, what did this bow go for new? The guy selling it got it discounted when Mathews discontinued it. Just trying to get a ball park so he can make an offer. He will be buying it stripped as he has in own rest and sight.

Thanks for any info.

I,d Look up Ebay watch there, Also Archery Talk, has Ad section too. Some of them Didn,t have the dampers, so not the big money ones of the day.

Thanks. I looked around a little and saw it listed new for about $430. Just curious if anyone ows or shot one before.

Thanks again.

The FX2 had dampeners, the FX did not. That's the only real difference between the two. I have had the FX for about 6 years, and while I've looked at upgrading several times I just can't justify the expense for what I consider incremental improvements. Yes this will probably start a flame war, but for the money the FX is a great little bow.

Brent

Thanks for the info Brent.

Default I have to agree

I have a FX as well and it is a decent shooting little bow. It was a definite step up from the Bear that I was shooting at the time. I would love to upgrade and if I did I would probably keep my FX as a backup. I think I picked up my FX for about $250 used.
    WVBOWAK