Thread: marten numbers???

Default marten numbers???

I just got back from a month on my new trapline, marten numbers were pretty low, this line has not been trapped for 12 years but used to produce 300 marten on good years. I didnt get in until the 21st of nov. so dont know if i would have been in early would have made a difference or not. most of the trappers here in the Yukon are reporting low numbers how are the numbers in AK?? The one thing everyone here is talking about tho is the condition of the marten, they are so fat its unreal. any info from up there might help put it all together.

so far in the interior we are seeing good martn numbers. nothing out of the ordinary here. im still looking at 300 for the year and will start snapping traps in a week or two.

300 marten??? wow! I just got my second today.....haha. I will be happy if I hit 5. I guess it isnt too bad for only 3 marten sets out, and I am snowshoeing my line so its only 3.5 miles long. 300 marten would be pretty cool though.

Default low for me also

My #s are way down also. And yes the few that I have are very fat. I do have way more link than normal.