4 9.09%
  • coo coo for cocoa puffs

9 20.45%
  • his wife should have him committed

8 18.18%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upper Kenai Dec 26

Default Upper Kenai Dec 26

So I just found out Im off friday also. Im gonna head down to the river again. The temps have not changed that much and there were still plenty of silvers in the water to keep the bows there. I might just walk in and fish a couple of holes we fished last weekend. My raft is up for the season and im not pulling it out. If anyone else is looking to float in thier rig let me know. Ill split costs or whatever. If not Ill post pics of the day.

Yes I know Im a sick crazy fisherman. My wife tells me that all the time. there was just something about that winter fishing that is a kick in the pants. Part challenge, part fun. Not for everyone but once you get there it is worth every minute on the water.

Merry christmas to me fellow sicko's
    Last edited by alaskachuck; 12-30-2008 at 23:01.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I love cocoa puffs!! Did you vote Chuck? Thought maybe you were the one that put you should be committed. Man, I would say go for it. If it were summer, I would go with you.
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

Yes I figured i should be locked up. Like the wife says. There are alot worse things a husband can do, You and yours and June and I need to get a day in this year, Up north, down south i dont care. If it was summer or fall i wouldnt be begging some other crazy person to fish with me as june would be all over it,.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Yes I figured i should be locked up. Like the wife says. There are alot worse things a husband can do, You and yours and June and I need to get a day in this year, Up north, down south i dont care. If it was summer or fall i wouldnt be begging some other crazy person to fish with me as june would be all over it,.
    yes, and probably all over me for fishing with her man. ha ha. Yes, we need to definately get together. Maybe peanut farm in January for a game. Good luck in finding someone crazy as you for your winter fishing adventure.
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

What time were you thinking of heading down? No boat but I would be willing to walk. I have been reorganizing my fly boxes and thought of going last weekend.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Gotta applaud the persistence.

You are a bonafide diehard!
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

its gotta warm up a bit or else the river's gonna freeze over, it was a slurpie when we left yesterday plus the bottom is total ice, the water was so cold that our flies wouldn't melt out while fishing... Dots to bings might be decent
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Hey Patrick. did you do the upper like we did on saturday or the mid river. I looked at the web cam and the upper looked all right but i know it did get cold. thanks for the info

If I wasn't 3,000 miles away I'd go!!!

It's gotta be warmer there than here!!!!!

Default got to see the schedule

you already know how i feel about it so theres no need to state anything on here... i got to check out the schedule and see if i have to put time in this weekend and if not im game, and i know sam is too so that trio will probably be a possibility. ill give you a call and discuss more details with ya brotha.
    Go Fish

So I just found out Im off friday also. Im gonna head down to the river again. The temps have not changed that much and there were still plenty of silvers in the water to keep the bows there. I might just walk in and fish a couple of holes we fished last weekend. My raft is up for the season and im not pulling it out. If anyone else is looking to float in thier rig let me know. Ill split costs or whatever. If not Ill post pics of the day.

Yes I know Im a sick crazy fisherman. My wife tells me that all the time. there was just something about that winter fishing that is a kick in the pants. Part challenge, part fun. Not for everyone but once you get there it is worth every minute on the water.

Merry christmas to me fellow sicko's
    I think it is a great idea! You ever catch a dime bright silver this time of year? I have. Wierd.....

Quote Originally Posted by liv2fish87 View Post
    you already know how i feel about it so theres no need to state anything on here... i got to check out the schedule and see if i have to put time in this weekend and if not im game, and i know sam is too so that trio will probably be a possibility. ill give you a call and discuss more details with ya brotha.

You got it bro just let me know. Hey Im thinking friday not saturday but the way

Oh and yes catching silvers and seeing so many of them this time of year does seem strange. But in a good fishy way

I went Sportmans to Jims couldn't believe how much ice was on the bottom of the river
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Looking at the forcast, I would bail on the Kenai and go ice fishing somewhere. She's gonna be toast for sure.

You're not alone...glade there are few others out there

I was thinking about heading down sometime this weekend. Problem is I have no idea where to start. I got a few flies in mind but have never fished there in the winter. Anyone give me any suggestions without giving up your secrets? Just want a few places to wet a line and get rid of the cabin fever, maybe hook up with a few 'bows.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

If your walking in start at the ferry crossing parking lot. We fished that stretch andf did real well. Just the deep main channel that is usually the combat zone downstream of the ferry cable. flesh flies where the snack of the day for sure. You would work that stretch for 4 or 5 hours and kill a day for sure

forecast isn't any worse than it was last sunday when I was there, so I say fire up your mr. heaters and get after it! if slush is a problem you might think about looking upstream by the bridge for a chance at finding some ice free water. if i didn't have family in town i'd volunteer to go myself. as always, let us know what you find.
    www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

Default Does not look good

Pretty cold there the last couple of days and the water is getting alot of slush in it. As cold as it is today and supposed to be tomorrow this one might have to be put off for a bit. I talked to a buddy in cooper landing and he did say the bottom is icing up and the river is getting thick all over. As of now it looks like I might have to bag this run. That sucks but Ill make a final decision tomorrow afternoon

That stinks. I probably wont be on the net tomorrow, but if you decide to go I'll PM you my number.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast