Thread: Nancy Lake Winter Access

Default Nancy Lake Winter Access

Does anyone know if vehicles are allowed on Nancy lake in the winter?
    I was thinking if it's like Big Lake, you could drive to a cabin from the boat launch parking lot?
    Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Vadim

Default Boat launch

I don't think they plow to the Boat Laundh that is what I have ben told,

Yes you are allowed to drive on the lake. I just drove passed the campground and it looked like it hadn't been plowed. If you drive all the way to the end of the road (Buckingham Palace RD) though there is a ramp down onto the lake. Several people have been driving across already but as always be very cautious.

Default Legal, but not recommended

Someone has been plowing down to the public access, as well as a small loop out onto the ice where most people have been fishing. I was out there about two weeks ago, and the double ice sucked! I drove out to the first point on the left, and it was a bit rough going. I went out again on Wednesday with a friend who has the snow tracks on his 4-wheeler, and on we hit overflow a few times headed to the south side of the lake. With all the snow that just fell, it will only be worse. Right there at the public access, in about 8 feet of water, I have heard of success. I had a nice one on there, but it took a run around the hole and cut the line on the ice. Other than that, I've only seen one other pike, and it was small. I have yet to be there to witness anyone elses success either! The pike are in there, and accessible with a vehicle, just don't venture off the plowed path! Good luck to ya!
    Although some can call it Catchin', I still have to call it fishin'.

There's some nice pike in Nancy if you can find them...
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.