Thread: Moose Antler

Talking Moose Antler

so my aunt Debbie and my friend Dakota are on the trappline and and right in plain view I spot a moose antler and it was pretty big and had a nice color to it
    Attached Images Attached Images

when did you find the antler?

on the 20 this month and it still had hair and blood on the end so the moose just lost it

Thumbs up

Cool, nice find!

NICE, hope you find the other half. Congrats

Nice find, i found a smaller paddle while moose hunting in the fall. Its always fun finding sheds, especially when you dont see any legal bulls, you at least go home with something.

Default look for the other one!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishonaustyn View Post
    on the 20 this month and it still had hair and blood on the end so the moose just lost it
    Fishon,

Moose will often drop the other antler within a few yards of the first one. This is especially true of larger bulls. I'd get back out there and see if you can find the other one! Follow his tracks BOTH DIRECTIONS. You don't know if this is the first or second one he dropped.

Nice catch!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Fishon,

Moose will often drop the other antler within a few yards of the first one. This is especially true of larger bulls. I'd get back out there and see if you can find the other one! Follow his tracks BOTH DIRECTIONS. You don't know if this is the first or second one he dropped.

Nice catch!

-Mike
    Yes, fishon, have Aunt Debbie go out and look for it. She needs something to do!!
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

`Yea thanks Boar! hehe....We did spend quite a bit of time trying to find the other one but there were so many tracks it was hard to tell what was what. We have a monster hanging out here in the backyard, Im just waiting for the day I see him bald!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Fishonaustyn View Post
    so my aunt Debbie and my friend Dakota are on the trappline and and right in plain view I spot a moose antler and it was pretty big and had a nice color to it
    aunt deb says she will find the other for you on sunday after lunch
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here