Thread: Number of Posts?

Question Number of Posts?

Why has my number of posts dropped from 300+ to 257 since yesterday?
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

It looks like the post count has been modified and doesn't include posts in the General Discussion forum any more.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    It looks like the post count has been modified and doesn't include posts in the General Discussion forum any more.
    Thanks....I suspected something like that.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

Or... There might be some sort of an anomalie in the whole space-time continuim

So let me get this straight.

A rule is established basing the amount a points we can give as rep that ties into our post count.

Then we see the post counts stripped, and thus the power of the rep being given diminished.

Hmmmmm...

No offense, but can ya'll make a rule and leave it in place for more than 10 minutes before you further punish the GD folks for frequenting this site......

....Or maybe that IS the idea.......

For trying to "make this all better" it sure seems to be going in reverse these days....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Default Post counts

Today I cleaned up the database to try to reduce the number of errors and system unavailable reports we have been seeing (sometimes over 100/day). I told the system to recalculate all kinds of things, number of posts being just one of them. I also error checked the database tables with a built in utility.

I am cautiously optimistic that this has helped: no error reports in my inbox since then.

One of the effects apparently was that GD and SnS forum posts were eliminated from total post count. For those that saw a reduction, that's the likely cause. If threads were deleted for any of a number of reasons that would also have reduced post numbers.

David