Thread: Sako m995 in 7mm stw

Default Sako m995 in 7mm stw

Does anyone know anything about this gun?

Quote Originally Posted by g.r.p. View Post
    Does anyone know anything about this gun?

Yep, I've owned a few 995's, called the TRGS, one in 7STW, one in 338 Lapua, an '06 and a 280 oddball. I've also owned a couple more in the TRG configuration, a 308 and 338 Lapua. The rifle is an extremely accurate gun. The heavy block of a receiver is very rigid and the barrels are among the best mass produced bvarrels in the world (Normal Sako). The rifle was Sako's first attempt to make an inexpensive (to manufacture) rifle. They were successful. The very inexpensive injection molded stock looks cheap but is quite functional and solid. The magazine and bottom metal is also cheap but functional.

Back in 1989 when that gun was introduced it sold for $695 retail. Today they are typically over a grand. The TRG model is of course much more expensive but has several added features, particularly a McMillan A4 stock.

They make great bean field rifles and that is an appropriate use for the caliber. I believe they have 26" barrels in that caliber as they should. A very good shooting but kind of ugly rifle.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

thank you Murphy. the gun does have a somewhat ugly syn stock with the vanguard sub-moa style paint job and 26" in barrel. seller of the gun said it was very accurate and could take off the hip shots out to 300 m. with very little effort. the original seller of the gun sold it for very cheap saying that it was pointless to sell a 7mm stw in alaska. thank you for your input