Thread: Syn Winch Cable Review

Default Syn Winch Cable Review

I finally had an opportunity to test out the new syn winch cable while on a ATV ride in moose hunting trip.
    This stuff is absolutely great. No gloves needed to handle it and it will not stretch or pop back if it breaks.
    3/16's of an inch is rated for 5,000 pounds. I carried an extra piece which we used as a pull strap. 50 feet would fit into a quart zip lock with ease. All my winches will be changed over to it this winter.

Default I want some!

SW, where d'you get it? I'm sick of my frayed cable tearing up my paws...
    Thanks for your post.

F.

EBay. Under the atv section, then winches. If you are lucky you can snag it for under $50.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/50-3-...QQcmdZViewItem

Default Donaldson

I think that is the name. I saw their display at the Sportsman show. They are here in Anchorage and had some great prices. Get whatever length you want while you wait.

Only bad thing I have heard about this stuff is that it doesn't handle abrasion very well so keep it off of the sharp rocks.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default warn syn winch rope

I picked up some of the warn rope at AIH a couple months back for the wife's Kodiak. I think it was 55 dollars for the 50 foot package.

I picked some up earlier this summer for my boat winch from winchline.com. I have only used it once so far but it worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    I think that is the name. I saw their display at the Sportsman show. They are here in Anchorage and had some great prices. Get whatever length you want while you wait.

Only bad thing I have heard about this stuff is that it doesn't handle abrasion very well so keep it off of the sharp rocks.
    Yeah it is easy to be hurted by sharp rock edges. You may consider a piece of rock guard for synthetic winch rope.
    Synthetic ATV winch line, 3/16"x50', for ATV.