Thread: Boot Soles

Default Boot Soles

The boots I wear most often when hunting are the Meindel Canadian Hunters. I really like them a lot; I've have them about 7 years and they are still in great shape. The one thing about them is that the soles get clogged up with leaves, dirt, mud, whatever and don't give great traction. I started thinking about this more as I watched a guy in front me getting what seemed to be much more traction from his Danners.

So, what are you're thoughts on what the best soles are?

Palmer, AK

You might consider going to a good cobbler and see if they can put something on that you like. Worth a shot anyway. I have always wanted to put a Merrill's sole on my Asolo boots as I think the Merrill's have the best gripping soles for what I do
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather