Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Alaska Draw & Tier II Hunting Information

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    I'm getting old. I don't undersand all these nuances. Please humor me and explain. You'll inherit good karma.

Well, the last post before his was over a year ago and it started a while before that. I wasn't aware of it being a "sticky" since I wasn't looking at the hunting forum but rather just the "new posts" results, which explains why he chose it to ask his question in.

I've got a 'party hunt' question:
    If I, as a non-resident, apply with my son for a TMA tag, will it lessen his chances to be drawn?
    I know that there are diminished odds for non-residents for this tag and I'd love to be drawn, but would rather see his resident odds increased so he can get a better shot at at the opportunity for success.

Hopefully I have the question and the premise right.... :/
    Proud to be an American!

Quote Originally Posted by fullkurl View Post
    I've got a 'party hunt' question:
    If I, as a non-resident, apply with my son for a TMA tag, will it lessen his chances to be drawn?
    I know that there are diminished odds for non-residents for this tag and I'd love to be drawn, but would rather see his resident odds increased so he can get a better shot at at the opportunity for success.

Hopefully I have the question and the premise right.... :/
    I'm not quite sure how the party hunt gets figured as far as a resident/non-resident mix is concerned, but in general, any party hunt will at least slightly reduce the odds of winning. For example, if there are 5 permits available for a hunt and your or your sun get drawn as #5, no permit will be issued to either of you since they don't have two remaining available and they won't award only half of a party hunt. Whoever got #6 would then get permit #5 unless they were also part of a party application. Just something to keep in mind, especially in hunts with small numbers of permits available.

Thanks for the insight AS.

'kurl
    Proud to be an American!

Not sure this will answer the question, but a few years back my son (a nonres) and I were drawn for brown bear in the Halibut Bay area on Kodiak. 3 tags were available and I forget the odds at the time, but do know that they weren't very high.
    I really doubt that you being a nonres would skew your chances to be drawn very much.

Hey Moderators, Any chance we can get the links updated? They're defaulting to the Species information page on ADF&G right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    Hey Moderators, Any chance we can get the links updated? They're defaulting to the Species information page on ADF&G right now.
    Done!

If there is more info you'd like to see there, let us know.

Note that we have placed all the ADFG office contact info, including biologist contact info, on our site AT THIS LINK. ADF&G deleted that data a while back, in an effort to get us to call the "front desk", so we posted it here on the site. If anyone has updated contact info on any of these folks, send me a PM and I will edit that page for you. Thanks!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234