Thread: Minto Flats

Default Minto Flats

Anybody know when the pike start biting out at Minto. Have always gone later in the season, never early. I have my own boat now and would like to get out there in early june. Any info?

Thanks

Default minto

mooseman
    Where do you put in to fish Minto? Is there a safe place to park the truck and boat trailer? I would like to try for pike on the fly that area.
    Thanks

Default Put-in

I usually put in at Minto village, i'm sure everybody has heard that you will get your window smashed in or something to that effect, but I have been there numerous times and it has never happened to me, in fact, the villagers have even shown me where to pike fish at (pm me for details). You can also put in at the end of Old Murphy Dome road, but it is a rough haul, and the boat launch is something to be desired(when i was there). You could also put in at Nenana, but it is a long boat ride, I personally have never been that way. There is alot of good pike fishing out there, but some areas of the Flats are better than others. We did real good last year, caught a few 40+" and alot of sheefish. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Mooseman