Thread: mat-su lakes

Default mat-su lakes

Did anyone try any of the lakes in the valley this weekend?

Mark

I went to Big Lake a couple of times and tried new locations I'd never fished before.

I got skunked.

Default finger lake

was out on finger lake Sun afternoon... fished w/ the small crowd on the south side of the island.... caught one small dolly after 'nuther on cheese eggs. Threw them all back but was a good day

Thumbs up Finger Lake

I also went out to finger lake, and fished the south side of the island. We did awesome! All day we were catching nice 14-16 inchers, and this one awesome char that was absolutely huge. And, just as normal, we were also hooking into the smaller 5-6 inch ones. You can read more about that char in a thread that I started titled, "Ice Thickness." I think all in all, between all 8 of us, we probably kept 8 that were 15"+, and 6 or 7 that were 11" or so. It was a blast!
    Last edited by AK A's Fan; 12-21-2008 at 21:24. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    Did anyone try any of the lakes in the valley this weekend?

We hit Tigger Lake in Talkeetna this weekend and had an absolute blast!
    Only two holes drilled about 20 yds off the east side of the lake and we were into the 'bows pretty thick! In 2 hrs, my buddy and I caught over 25....biggest being 19", with the majority ranging from 11-13".

Once again, the 'chum sack' stuffed with my shrimp concoction seemed to keep the fish around the entire time!

Cocktail shrimp and roe seemed to be the hot ticket!

Went to Big Lake on Saturday. Wife caught a couple char around 20". Saw alot of fish on the camera. It's definately worth fishing, if you are after quality instead of quantity.

I fished Seventeenmile Lake on Saturday with a couple of buddies from work. Caught a lot of small char (10-12") and a couple of rainbows. Nicest fish was around 16 inches. Beautiful day and had fun catching, but was hoping for some bigger fish. First time out there, so I'll give it another go sometime and try some different spots.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.