Thread: SWT 550 question

Default SWT 550 question

Hello from New Hampshire... Have got almost 2 feet of snow over last few days. My 07 550 SWT with only 500km is having a rough begining to the season. It would hardly run at all yesterday thought it could be the 10% ethanol fuel that has sat in it since March so I drained it out and refueled. It is MUCH better now... drove it for about 20 miles this am and is running great at all speeds exept at idle. It will stall as soom as you stop . The only way to keep it running at idle or slow acceleration is to keep the choke shut ? even after the motor is hot it must have the choke shut to idle??? Any suggestions ? Should I run carb cleaner through it ? Spray in ? or add to fuel type ??
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated ! I did change the plugs and it made no dif at all.... Thanks... Mark

Smile

Double Post DELETE
    Last edited by Akres; 12-21-2008 at 22:05. Reason: Dunno, computer wizardry double posted.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Smile Try This

Quote Originally Posted by nhfishhunter View Post
    Hello from New Hampshire... Have got almost 2 feet of snow over last few days. My 07 550 SWT with only 500km is having a rough begining to the season. It would hardly run at all yesterday thought it could be the 10% ethanol fuel that has sat in it since March so I drained it out and refueled. It is MUCH better now... drove it for about 20 miles this am and is running great at all speeds exept at idle. It will stall as soom as you stop . The only way to keep it running at idle or slow acceleration is to keep the choke shut ? even after the motor is hot it must have the choke shut to idle??? Any suggestions ? Should I run carb cleaner through it ? Spray in ? or add to fuel type ??
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated ! I did change the plugs and it made no dif at all.... Thanks... Mark
    First off, I would not run it hard or very long at all, until you find and fix the problem. It sounds to me that it is starved for fuel. That can burn a piston real quick if not corrected. Suggest you get it inside, thaw it out. Drain the carb fuel bowls and replace the fuel filter. Make sure you have good fuel flow and no air or fuel leaks in the lines. Then try it again. If it is better or considered good to go, then go ahead and put in one small bottle of Isopropal Heat, red can, to a full tank of fuel.
    Good luck with it.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default clean your pilot jets

there is a little jet inside the carb next to the main jet that sucks up fuel when at idle, it's called a pilot jet. the only way to clean is to diassamble the carb bowl, pull the little jet out and clean. it will then idle perfect. any questions, email me and i'll send ya a picture of it

yetnaman37@yahoo.com