Thread: info for savage 99e rifle stock

Default info for savage 99e rifle stock

i broke my savage .308 rifle stock and am looking for another. it doesn't need to be fancy, in fact i would prefer the original, ugly, beech, checkered piece of crap one. if anyone has anything, or knows of any place to get one i would really appreciate it.
    thanks,
    andrew

Hot Rod,
    If ugly is okay...why not repair the stock you have? You may be surprised what can be done. I'd be happy to help.
    Jerry/AK
    Anchorage Area
    907-242-3234
    Smile...God loves you!

(My post-count is totally inaccurate because the system doesn't count posts in the Swap & Sell Forum, but you can trust me anyway.)

it's really bad. the side right up next to the lever is pretty well shattered. it was in a kolpin gun boot that rolled down a mountain...with a snowmachine.

Quote Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
    i broke my savage .308 rifle stock and am looking for another. it doesn't need to be fancy, in fact i would prefer the original, ugly, beech, checkered piece of crap one. if anyone has anything, or knows of any place to get one i would really appreciate it.
    thanks,
    andrew
    How about this outfit?

Smile...God loves you!

(My post-count is totally inaccurate because the system doesn't count posts in the Swap & Sell Forum, but you can trust me anyway.)

The savage sub-forum is full of collectors who could probably send you in the right direction. It's a sort of cult

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Or if you wanted to, you could go to a fiberglass stock from MPI:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Smile...God loves you!

Default Boyds.

I bought a 1899 lever stock (No pistol grip) from Boyds. I think they stock the pistol grip stocks as well. You can GOGGLE the name to get their online address.

I too like the plastic ones and they take a beating

thanks for all the info. it definitely points me in the right direction

I sent you a PM about a M99 buttstock for sale on Ebay.
    Jerry/AK
    Smile...God loves you!

Default Savage 99E stock

Hot rod,
    I'm not sure if this will help, but about ten years ago, I picked up a Savage Model 99E at a gun auction in a box minus the stock. It was parts box, or so I thought, but it was cheap enough that I bought it. I bought an unfinished butt stock out of Shotgun News ( don't remember the vendor,) but they did not have a forend piece to match, so I called Savage direct. It was relatively cheap compared to the unfinished rear that I had to finish and match. At the time I wished I had called them first. They may not still carry these, as I said it has been almost 10 years ago, but it may be worth a shot.

Good luck!