Thread: Yukon Flats Hunting Guidance Needed

Default Yukon Flats Hunting Guidance Needed

Thinking about another new idea this year and that is for black bear north of Fairbanks in the Yukon Flats or maybe Minto. I've gone out too early out of Anchorage before and paid for it so interested what you guys would suggest for the best time to get out in the spring. I'm leaning to around May 20th but not sure if the winter this year will lag. Also give me your opinion on going in the fall to throw in the opportunity for other game. I'd really like to see some wolves either spring or fall. Thanks in advance.

As far as Minto goes, I have fished it a lot, but never hunted there. I have however seen a lot of moose there and seen a lot of bear sign. I have some friends who hunt spring bear there and claim to have done very well. Good luck if you hunt there; it is a beautiful place and is my favorite spot in AK. Take good care of it while there.

Default I have to agree

Having fished there (I took that picture of Shrop) I'd agree that The Minto flats area is full of potential.

Thanks guys. I always am extremely aware of what is left behind and always follow the saying of leave it cleaner than you found it.