Thread: hewescraft?

Default hewescraft?

I am moving to Soldotna this spring with my family. I am looking for a boat to fish, camp, and hunt cook inlet, prince william sound, and yukon river. I am considering the hewescraft pacific cruiser, 22', with a 150 yamaha. I like the options that the come on the 08 model, such as the cook top, heater, booth, and v berth. Are there any other boats that are similiar? If anybody knows of any used boats like this or has any other helpful information, it would be appreciated.

Default Seattle - Portland Boats Shows

If your serious - I would spend the money to go see the Portland & Seattle boat shows.

Just a thought, if you can afford it i would look at the 24' at a min with those option. I have the 26' and it is still small inside with more than 3 people. There is alot of question out there about 1 or 2 motors, i like a back up when i am 80 mile out.

I have talked to guys that take the 26' down the Yukon hunting.
    good luck T

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

If you're in the market for a 22' boat, then you ought to check out the C-Dory's before you make a final decision. Check out the following link to see all the specs and photos.

http://www.c-dory.com/C-Dory%2022.htm

Check out the 24 before you settle on the 22'. Many people after buying there boat wished they gone one size up.
    I was looking at the 24 hewes, but after talking to people I decided to go with the 26 and i'm so glad I did it. I took away some of the option that gave me allittle more room.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I agree 100% with Gary. I've had my 22' sea runner and I already want to upgrade to a 26'. But I couldn't be happier with my 22' hewes.

Default 22' Pacific Cruiser

We purchased the 22' PC this year and really thought it was great. We have 4 kids that slept in the cavernous vee-berth. The fuel efficiency with the single Yamaha 150 was awesome (averaged less than 5 gph). It handled chop and rough sea conditions well. I'd highly recommend this boat and I'm not affiliated with Hewescraft or any dealership!

Thumbs up thanks for the reply , great weg site!

thanks for all the great opinions! i know a 26 would be nicer a lot of times but it's not in the buget this year. encouraging to hear the 5gph we are so excited to start our new adventure in AK i'm sure i will have many more questions in the comming months. see ya on the water!