Thread: XTRA Tuff Boots - Lined or Unlined

Default XTRA Tuff Boots - Lined or Unlined

Hi all,
    First post to this forum, so apologies if this is in the wrong place. My husband blew out his Xtra Tuffs a while back (hole where the fold is) and I want to get him a new pair for Christmas. Would you recommend the lined or unlined versions? We live in BC, so it's not terribly cold, but if the lining makes them more comfy and less sweaty, that'd be good to know. Thanks all - fantastic forum, btw. ~pixley

I have wore xtra tuffs almost everyday for about 20 years now! I think you are refering to insulated "lined" if the have lined ones I'm not familiar. But insulated are heavier but I wear them in the winter and they are great. The uninsulated ones are pretty light but do get cold in the winter unless you are very active. I would also get him what we call liners which is just a foot pad that goes in the boot it makes them more comfy.

Thanks martenpine! Will definitely get him an insole to put in. How can I tell whether his old ones are insulated or not? They have a very thin layer of some sort of fabric, but it's not something as thick as wetsuit neoprene. The inside of his boots are so worn, I can't even see the size or any other identifying labels. Also, would you recommend the insulated ones for BC weather?
    Last edited by pixley; 12-19-2008 at 13:11. Reason: additional question