Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas to ME!!! :D

Default Merry Christmas to ME!!! :D

I've been wanting to get a lever action for quite a while now. A good bomb around brush gun. So stopping by Boondocks in Eagle River I saw it. Marlin 1895 with a 16 and 1/4" barrel with laminate stock and firelight sites. So I fondled it, and its a good thing it was stainless cause I'm pretty sure I drooled on it.

Anyways I put it back and told the guy I would think about it while I was in Anchorage and may stop again. Well the more I thought about it the more I NEEDED this gun. So all I've done to it right now it put a sling on it. However, I may have the action smoothed up a little I don't know yet. Anyways, I'm pretty excited to get this thing out to the range and atleast run a couple rounds through it.

Here it is:

45/70, .450 or????

I have that one in the 450, nice gun.

Default Nice

That'll make an awesome rifle to tote around on a snow machine or ATV. Can I drool on it TOO ! LOL
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

HAHA yeah sorry forgot, its 45-70!! Its an 1 3/4" shorter than the guide gun which I guess is 18" barrel. It'll fit nicely in my daypack bombing around on my wheeler off the Denali Hwy. The range won't be worth bragging about, but thats not why I bought it.

My 45/70 has the wood stock, would have preferred the laminated, but they're all great.

Yeah, I hate you... When I get my big bore AR up and running, lets go poke some bears!

I've also wanted a lever gun for some time, they are just too cool!! BTW, good thing the wife doesn't surf the forums
    Last edited by hunt_ak; 12-19-2008 at 10:32.

Congrats Luke, your going to love that rig once you get her all set up right!!

Nice rifle. Those Marlin's are fun to shoot. I want to get one.

Nice gun lucas!!! Sure is a good thing the women don't surf the forum By the way we need to go shooting/hunting tomorrow. I too have a new weapon to try out!!!

Default Congrats!

That is a sweet rifle! I didn't realize Marlin made one in that configuration. And I love the laminate wood on yours. I just purchased one a couple of weeks ago myself but I couldn't find anything like that up here in Fairbanks, so I went with the 1895 GS in 45-70. Seems like the lever guns are making a comeback of sorts.

Shannon

very very sweet!!! I would love to get one into my safe!!!

Nice rig, I have an itchin from time to time to pick one of those up!

Thanks for the kind words guys. Like I said I'm pretty stoked and already one of you has PM'd me a VERY extensive list of things I NEED to do. Maybe I'll do an upgrade a year and keep posting pics as they happen.

Marlin only made 500 of that model, better get one hile they last!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenmm View Post
    Marlin only made 500 of that model, better get one hile they last!
    Correct, mine is just over the half way mark too. Don't know if that is any indication of how many are left out there to be bought. But as of Thursday there was atleast one left at Boondocks.

way to go! this is a great rifle, and will shoot better than you expect! i like to slick mine up a bit, so here's a tip.

you have to clean it anyway so....pull the lever screw (easy) and slide out the bolt slowly. catch the ejector, and set aside. put jb paste on your bolt and reinstall the lever. then work the dang thing for about a 1/2 hour, clean up the bore, bolt, and reinstall the ejector. with your favorite lube (very light) you will have the slickest levergun ever. guaranteed!

happy trails.
    jh

Davidsons inventory shows at least 100 left. I may have to pick one up for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Correct, mine is just over the half way mark too. Don't know if that is any indication of how many are left out there to be bought. But as of Thursday there was atleast one left at Boondocks.

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

Default very nice

i just recieved a 1895gs with black walnut stock and ghost ring sights from my father for christmas. pretty cool lightweight heavy hitter. not sure what im gonna use it for yet but ill think of something .

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Alaska_Lanche:

When you see something that you want really, really, really, really bad,,,,,

GET IT, because you might regret it later.

You done good.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by pinehavensredrocket View Post
    way to go! this is a great rifle, and will shoot better than you expect! i like to slick mine up a bit, so here's a tip.

you have to clean it anyway so....pull the lever screw (easy) and slide out the bolt slowly. catch the ejector, and set aside. put jb paste on your bolt and reinstall the lever. then work the dang thing for about a 1/2 hour, clean up the bore, bolt, and reinstall the ejector. with your favorite lube (very light) you will have the slickest levergun ever. guaranteed!

happy trails.
    jh
    What is JB paste? Were do you find it?
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast