Thread: mkinley mountainman shoot december 20th

Default mkinley mountainman shoot december 20th

The mckinley mountain men are holding a club shoot at the matvalley indoor range on December 20 (saturday) from 9 a.m. to 4.

I just talked to the president and non members are welcome and I believe ( I have A.D.D) can shoot for free, but might have to pay the range. I dont know either way costs should be minimal. He said probably 7-10 bucks.

Any way, this club is great. everyone is real freindly, there are some neat guns to be seen and shot. There are club muzzloaders too if you dont have your own.

I hope to be there if I can find a sitter. Shooting a muzzleoader indoors in december, heck ya ill be there! Ill bring a .32 cherokee, .58 big boar and my ruger old army pistol.

indoor muzzleloading, sounds kind of smokey to me. Wish I could go.
    I miss the rendezvous they had out east.

Quote Originally Posted by akflyfisher View Post
    indoor muzzleloading, sounds kind of smokey to me. Wish I could go.
    I miss the rendezvous they had out east.

Yeah, I called the president to verify that they were shootinig muzzleloaders!

Sitter situation does not look good....

wish I would have seen this last week!!

It was alot of fun. And much to my suprise the range fans did a great job of making it breathable and visible in there. You could kind of smell the Black powder in the air but that was about it. It took just a half second for your powder cloud to disapear.

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    It was alot of fun. And much to my suprise the range fans did a great job of making it breathable and visible in there. You could kind of smell the Black powder in the air but that was about it. It took just a half second for your powder cloud to disapear.
    I'm really amazed, but it's a good indication about the quality of the air handling system for collecting lead out of the air. My buds and I generally shoot on an outdoor "range" with alder and spruce down either side of the narrow shooting lane. And we can choke ourselves pretty good when the wind is right!

I used to shoot with those guys & went to the rondezvous in Anderson 2 or 3 times.
    Great bunch of guys.
    Only one whose name I can remember was Kieth Bayha. Used to buy powder from him.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."