Thread: Yippee!!!

Default Yippee!!!

Got notice this afternoon that my AR registered/manufactured pistol lower and upper receiver will be in my hands tomorrow morning! Ordered this one from Anvil Arms two weeks before the election after seeing two of 'em come into the store for a transfer to customer. Figured at some point, there's a project in my mind that involves a 10-14" barreled .450 Socom or perhaps even Beowulf upper for hanging 'round my neck for meat hauling and such.
    Like a fool, though, I didn't order a barrel, so I've been shopping for one without a lot of success, but figure I've at least got the basis for the project in my hands
    "pre-Obamma-Ban".
    By getting the pistol registered lower, I can still make a rifle out of the thing, same as with the Thompson/Centers, just have to be careful about removing the butt before putting the short barrel on.....anyhow, a happy camper today!!!!
    Last edited by Darreld Walton; 12-17-2008 at 17:46. Reason: .

good luck just remember to get an action block and spare gas tube and whatnot for barrel swaps. Torque should be 35 pounds, no more if i remember right.

I'd love a .223 pistol or something similar. Was hoping to get a socom or beowulf sbr for bears when im out and about but the odds of that are sort of low right now lol.

Enjoy though

I can relate, I picked up a lower before the election, and couldn't decide on what upper I wanted until the election. If I'd ordered the upper pre-election I'd have it now, as it is it will arrive the end of Jan at the soonest, and that's w/o a bolt carrier, which I can't seem to find anywhere.

Default Fella...

walked into the store this afternoon with a complete 10 1/2" pistol upper, still unfired with the work tag hanging on it, offered it to me for a price I couldn't turn down, but asked that he hang onto it till I have the pistol lower in hand, as I have other AR's in the house, and don't EVEN need to be found 'with intent' to assemble an un-registered SBR. At least I'll have a 1-7 twist 5.56 pistol with flattop for 'goofing around' with. Jack rabbits are making a bit of a come-back, so might be able to get out on the desert this weekend and if nothing else, maybe bust some bunnies or a coyote.
    The fella with the upper has been assembling and modifying AR's for a few years, and has the action blocks, and rest of the tools needed to put the rest of the upper that's on it's way together, whenever I stumble across the parts.