Thread: How much and where?

Default How much and where?

A Grumman squareback canoe. Are these still made? How much and where do I find one?

Default canoe

what size ? 15, 17, 19, yes they are, but not in Alaska as far as I know

Wal I may buy one in Arkansas first.

I bought a 19' one about 7 years ago. I don't remember how much it cost, but it was well over $1000. As far as I know, there are no Grumman dealers left in Alaska. You can still find them used, and the older ones were built better.

I'm looking for a used one. Think I'm gonna buy one in Arkansas. No dealer here, but they say they will sell direct if you want new. What about allumacraft?

Default Canoe

it all depends on what you want to do with the canoe, Alumicraft is a good conoe but it is not a Grumam canoe if you want it to hall a lot of gear your hope is the Grumam 19ft is best bet. you might look at the 18 ft OSAGE it looks good an some people have them in Alaska say they are good an there is a jober in Alaska I hav been told, good luck

Yeah and those osage seem a bit cheaper.

Default Osage Canoes

Quote Originally Posted by andrew cochran View Post
    I'm looking for a used one. Think I'm gonna buy one in Arkansas. No dealer here, but they say they will sell direct if you want new. What about allumacraft?
    Don't know where you're at in Arkansas, but Osagian Canoe is just a couple miles north of Lebanon, Missouri. About 50 miles east up Interstate 44 from Springfield. They got a web-site. I got one of their cargo canoes. Good boat. Wow, I just remembered. I saw a good looking Grumman 19er square stern for sale on Craigs list here 3 weeks ago or so. Seems like they were wanting around 8 hundred for it. Out in East Oklahoma some where. Vinata or Tulsa maybe. If I can still find it I'll post again.

I'm in north arkansas. Hmm thanks!