Thread: Boat show

Default Boat show

In the past have prices been better before, after, or during the boat show. A lot of the shows I have been too in the lower 48 dealers raised the prices for the show than put a nifty sign on display that said "10% off sale", or "special boat show price". What are your thoughts on the prices?

Default hmm

I'm pretty sure its illegal to mark up to mark down, but thats just my thought. I think they usualy have pretty good prices with good insentives to buy, like 1000 dollars worth of gas and whatnot. Deweys did that a few years ago, i dunno about this past year though.

The best time to buy is at the end of summer. Generally speaking the worst time to buy (price wise) is during a boat show.
    Tennessee

Thumbs down Boat shows are getting worse here

A few seasons back, purchased a kayak; I searched and researched, finally determined no matter where I bought it, online or locally, they all cost EXACTLY the same for this particular model. So I get mine, and then at one of the outdoor shows there it is right in front of me with a big sign -CHEAPEST PRICE ANYWHERE, DURING SHOW ONLY! It was $40 more than anywhere available in the entire US period! The thing is, this kayak is a cheap common inflatable sold anywhere from Sportsmans to Sports Authority, they were not a dealer of it, they bought it and tried to make $40 bucks and dress up there booth! Go to Ak Mining during the summer sometime and look at all the boats that sit with the same old boat show sign on them. In this economy -dealers good luck!

Default end of summer for sure

I baught my boat new at the end of the summer and saved 8000 off of begining of summer price. That is about 20%
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

Quote Originally Posted by wolfkiller View Post
    I baught my boat new at the end of the summer and saved 8000 off of begining of summer price. That is about 20%
    Thats a sweet deal, I remember looking at those at the Carlson center last spring and seems they were asking 32 K? at that time w/115 E-tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Akgramps View Post
    Thats a sweet deal, I remember looking at those at the Carlson center last spring and seems they were asking 32 K? at that time w/115 E-tech.
    There price during the summer was a bit more than 32 k. It was 36 k riged and out the door. I watched that boat all summer, drooling. Towards the end of summer the price droped considerably and my bank account had incresed. The boat shop also gave me more for my flat bottom in trade than I had ben trying to sell it for.
    Now I am thinking of buying a lift and a prop lower for water that will allow. Any experiance with this?
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

Default This years show ought to be pretty good...

Maybe the best ever what with the new venue and space enough for all the dealers to get their selection in. I imagine with the economy there will be some pretty competitive pricing. I know the bank interest rates are always reall competitive during the boat show for anyonw who's considering financing one.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfkiller View Post
    There price during the summer was a bit more than 32 k. It was 36 k riged and out the door. I watched that boat all summer, drooling. Towards the end of summer the price droped considerably and my bank account had incresed. The boat shop also gave me more for my flat bottom in trade than I had ben trying to sell it for.
    Now I am thinking of buying a lift and a prop lower for water that will allow. Any experiance with this?
    Not yet, but I did bite the bullet and bought a prop lower unit, I may have to wait to get the jack plate as the only one I have been able to find that has enuf stroke is a Powr-tran
    http://www.powrtran.com/cgi-bin/cart...?parts_id=9662

The problem is it has a 6" setback, which is more than I would like, he has told me he plans to build one with a 4" setback, maybe soon, if enough people ask for it, so fire off a e-mail or phone call to Alan and maybe we can get some coming, unless someone knows where else to get one?
    By the way, thats a sweet boat you picked up.

Default Boat show

There will also be a used boat show put on by the local dealers this year not sure when though.
    Some friends just bought a 26ft Wooldridge pilot from Marita, great time to buy,they saved some $$$$$ form summer prices. When I was over looking at it, the sales guy said they were really wanting to move a couple of Alaskan 17 and 20 ft models since their new boat show boats were arriving soon. You may get a great price this time of year.