Thread: Burbot in the the South

Default Burbot in the the South

Has anybody ever heard of or caught burbot out in the Knik? I have been searching through the other posts and not much mention of it. I dont feel like running out and placing some sets if its not time worthy. Somebody please reply thanks

Well I was reading up on burbot and the info said that they were in most rivers and substantial lakes in the area. So I tried to a couple sets last year in the lower portion of the river with no signs of fish at all.

Mark

I was told by a friend who lives off of Outer Springer Loop that his son caught a burbot once in a slough off the Knik/Matanuska River delta, but it was very small.

I've never tried to fish either system for burbot.

I have fished the Susitna River for burbot, and all the burbot I've caught have been smaller fish; in the 27" class.

On three different occassions this summer, I have accidentally hooked into (small) burbot where Goose Creek runs into the Little Su....drifting roe of course!

If I were into burbot fishing, I'd be heading over there!

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

im not for sure but i would not waste my time on the knik. theres little dollies in there that would rob my bait fishing for silvers in one of the sloughs. i dont know how them fish can breathe in that water its so silty. if there were burbot anywhere in the knik drainage id try jim creek first. theres some deep holes in jim creek.