Thread: Alaska Sportmans holster?

Default Alaska Sportmans holster?

Anyone have one of these? I ordered one online and figured it would be here in short order since it's AK made. After not getting it for 2 weeks I emailed and got a prompt response that he was in the middle of movin his operation and would be making & shipping my holster soon. Another 2-3 weeks passed still no holster so I emailed him again and he said " sorry it will ship this week" still haven't got it. I emailed him again last week still no response.

Anyone know what they story is with this outfit? I paid with Paypal(79.95) when I ordered and I'm starting to feel like I got taken? It's been 2 months now. Frustrated.

KK

Sounds bad to me! I bought a custom made tool for my reloading bench from a mail order outfit out of OR. I paid my $250 for the tool and shipping and the 6 to 8 weeks went by, it never came. So after 3 months I called the number and it was disconnected. Now I was freaking out so I got the Portland information on the phone and got all the #'s with the guy's last name and started calling. I found his brother who told me he was moving his shop and it was all a mess, the guy could not find the box of orders to call people.

I though, yup, I've been took! Next day the guy called me and repeated the story his brother had told me. He gave me a choice he would give me my money back or I could hang in there for another 2 months or so for the tool. I opted for the tool and spent 2 months thinking I should have took the money back. As he said, just under 2 months the tool arrived but with all the upgraded options I had wanted but could not afford with it and a sorry note. Then almost a year later I received the updated model with another note saying "thanks for trusting me and sorry for the mass up."

I just thought you would like this story, some times things are just as people say. Mostly not, but sometimes!

Try and get the phone number and talk to the guy, you will get a much better read on the guy on the phone. Good luck.

Andy

Default He is good for it

He is a busy man. I have bought two of them locally, Great Northern Guns and Mountain View Sports. They are always waiting for more. He is usually just slammed from what I hear from the retailers. Not an excuse but... accompany that with him moving shop and can see it taking so long.

Maybe call him. Great product and I love mine. Just make sure once you get it you set it up correctly. Easy to adjust and causes me take my pistol alot more into the field, currently a glock 20.

Got it in the mail yesterday. 2 months today from when I ordered it. I'm using for my Glock 20 and MKIII.

I understand moving and being buisy, but still frustrating to be told it will ship this week and then waiting another 3 weeks for it to arrive. Just tell me how it really is.

All's well that ends well.

KK

Quote Originally Posted by Kandiyohi Kid View Post
    Got it in the mail yesterday. 2 months today from when I ordered it. I'm using for my Glock 20 and MKIII.

I understand moving and being buisy, but still frustrating to be told it will ship this week and then waiting another 3 weeks for it to arrive. Just tell me how it really is.

All's well that ends well.

KK
    I hear ya!! Tell me and I will respect you.

[quote=Kandiyohi Kid;390845I'm using for my Glock 20 and MKIII.
    KK[/quote]

Same here. My glock 20 has a 6" KKM stainless bbl and also fits my browning buckmark 22lr