Thread: Chickaloon River

Default Chickaloon River

I'm wanting to head up around the Chickaloon River for the day later this week to do some snow shoeing and photography, and will be needing a place to park my truck. I'm wondering how hard of a time I would have finding a parking spot in the winter (I usually don't get up that way in the winter so I don't know if they keep a few of the parking spots open in the winter or not). Has anyone drove over the Chickaloon Bridge on the highway recently and if so, was the pullout right off the road (west side of bridge) on the turn off on the side road plowed open or has it been filled with snow. Thanks for any help.

The pullout on the East side of the road is generally kept clear. I'm not sure about the West side pullout.

Don't leave anything worth of value in your vehicle up there.

You can always stop at the Chickaloon General Store and ask if you could park in the lot. The bridge is just up the road a very short distance and no ones messes with anything in the parking lot

It is always risky leaving your vehicle unattended in view of who knows who. If you can find a person to drop and pick you up may be better. There is also that possabilty no one will mess with it if your vehicle isn't appealing to the eye. Wolfwoman had a good suggestion as well if you can give them a heads up before you get there.

It's rarely (I never say never )risky leaving a vehicle here, we LIVE on the property and through the summer we have at least 1-3 nights a week that someone parks here. I have nine dogs, I don't think anyone is gonna prowl around the parking lot at night without me knowing it.

All ya gotta do is stop in the store and ask where to park