Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***stolen handguns***

Default ***stolen handguns***

All -
    While out of state in September of this year burying my mother, my now EX wife stole many of my possessions. On the list, and reported to the Troopers are TWO Handguns. They are as follows:

1) Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44mag. Stainless steel, 5.5" barrel, wood grips. Serial number is 087-47885.

2) Glock Model 21; .45ACP Serial Number DML591US

If you run across these firearms anywhere, please contact your local State Trooper office. These were taken sometime during September 10 and October 11 2008 and were last seen in Palmer, AK.

Thank you,

Scott Simpson

I would start going to pawn shops. When there look at what they have for sale before I asked about what they are holding and tell them they were stolen.

Good luck, I hope you get them back!

Andy

Don't think a wife can steal from husband 50/50 deal.I do feel for ya and been there done that and was money ahead with them gone.

Default ten years

If there was an automatic 10 years for getting caught with a stolen weapon that WOULD stop. If I buy a weapon from an individual I call in the numbers before purchasing that way no worries and no stolen stuff
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by ironartist View Post
    If there was an automatic 10 years for getting caught with a stolen weapon that WOULD stop. If I buy a weapon from an individual I call in the numbers before purchasing that way no worries and no stolen stuff
    Calling in the number may not help.

I bought a rifle that was sent through an FFL and a few months later the FBI was calling me about it saying it was stolen. I think they only let up after about the third time I told them I had sold it. I let them know that I had sold it through consignment so it went through FFL again.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

That sounds like thats the feds problem. But your telling me that wouldn't stop the thieves from taking them if they saw 10 years, they'd steal everything else but I think they would leave their hands off the guns if there was a manditory time.
    Μολών λαβέ

That sounds like thats the feds problem. But your telling me that wouldn't stop the thieves from taking them if they saw 10 years, they'd steal everything else but I think they would leave their hands off the guns if there was a manditory time.

Ideally, there already is 'mandatory' time for stealing expensive stuff, period. Funny how nothing works like it's supposed to...

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Default The interesting part

is that I have subsequently discovered that she has a criminal record for embezzling. If she is caught, it is mandatory jail time. Not to mention, any crime in this state involving a firearm is an automatic felony. Report has been filed with Troopers, and guns are listed in both APSIN and NCIC. They will turn up somewhere, sometime. Hopefully she will end up in jail eventually. ATF is also involved and investigating.

Merry Christmas to All!

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Don't think a wife can steal from husband 50/50 deal.I do feel for ya and been there done that and was money ahead with them gone.
    Not 50/50 in Alaska unless they have properly filed an joint property agreement that covers the guns. See Alaska Statutes 34.77.090

Andy

Default not just a slap

on the wrist, wak em with an automatic ten and the gangsters wouldn't want YOUR gun when they break into your house. And then there wouldn't be so many illegal one's on the street. Bet the ones used at the stadium in Anchorage were probably hot
    Μολών λαβέ

Automatic don't stop them from killing folks and we already have 10 years for handgun crimes but its never used

Automatic don't stop them from killing folks and we already have 10 years for handgun crimes but its never used
    So your telling me that the thief would take the guns if it went from 6 months to a straight 10. It would stop or curb the theft of guns and the 14 year old on the street from carrying the stolen ones.
    Μολών λαβέ

That's not entirely true. The now ex- can be held liable for the value of goods and for money if they were clearly liquidating things prior to filing for divorce. I had similar ideas when I was getting divorced and my attorney told me it was a waste of time ...that I'd just get stuck having to pay her the difference in value versus what I sold something for etcetera. The law is already wised up on all these tricks and the ex- involved here can be held liable. Of course, if the value of the guns were too low versus legal costs, then it's all a moot point unless you also sue her for court and attorney costs ...I certainly would.

Brian

So your telling me that the thief would take the guns if it went from 6 months to a straight 10. It would stop or curb the theft of guns and the 14 year old on the street from carrying the stolen ones.
    I don't think the mandatory sentence would change a thing unless all gun sales were registered and tracked ...and someone who stole a gun isn't likely to register his subsequent sales ...he's already a law breaker. And if not tracked, then once the gun is out of your hands, then you're not in posession of a stolen firearm anymore ...no way to prove you ever were. And if not tracked, then how would you even know if you were BUYING a stolen firearm from someone. That's why some states have required gun registration and you hear on TV the statement that someone was guilty of posessing an "unregistered firearm." That only means something in particular states ...not here in Alaska. BTW, this is something you can expect the new president elect to do. You will soon see a federal requirement that says ALL gun sales have to be through an FFL, all paperwork and instant checks apply. And it's getting harder to get an FFL as well. They now require you to be a gunsmith or gun store with regular hours in order to qualify. I think if you are a gunsmith then you don't have to have regular hours however. Bit by bit, they are going to make it harder to buy/sell guns and ammo ...don't wait and see though. Get politically active on the topic now before the new guy even gets there. And just in case you think gun registration is a good idea, don't forget that gun registration equals gun confiscation ...always has in ever other location in the world. Our turn is coming ...it's only waiting for the right set of political circumstances, say a democrat no-contest majority and a new anti-gun president. We're perilously close to that kind of thing right now and it's also why you should be against the possible constitution convention coming up (Google it), even if it is allegedly for good purposes such as requiring a balanced federal budget. Do it when we have a strong conservative majority in office, not the other way around! Protect your 2nd Amendment rights!

Brian

Prison all over are full of folks that could give a damm about automitic jail time.A easy example is drunk drivers,they go to jail they loss their lincense and they keep doing it and when they get out of jail the next time they will do it again.over twenty years ago the law was passed makeing it a ten year automtic jail time to use a handgun in a crime and it made no difference.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by akseakayaker View Post
    All -
    While out of state in September of this year burying my mother, my now EX wife stole many of my possessions. On the list, and reported to the Troopers are TWO Handguns. They are as follows:

1) Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44mag. Stainless steel, 5.5" barrel, wood grips. Serial number is 087-47885.

2) Glock Model 21; .45ACP Serial Number DML591US

If you run across these firearms anywhere, please contact your local State Trooper office. These were taken sometime during September 10 and October 11 2008 and were last seen in Palmer, AK.

Thank you

Scott Simpson

did you marry my ex

Default No Friggin Way!

Quote Originally Posted by akspecialus View Post
    did you marry my ex
    It is funny you say that....as her first ex and I are now in regular contact - she has two young kids in Florida that she abandoned to move up here. We were only married for one year! I was against her leaving her kids, btw...that was beginning of the end. I am helping him, or at least trying to, to prevent her from bringing them up here for visitation. It has been such a nightmarish mess, I feel like I should be on Jerry Springer for God's sake....

Sorry guys, I brought her up here....and she has already found her next victim.

Anyone feel like sending an email to the owner of her employer here? (I have evidence that she has cut herself checks from their accounts payable account - and she has a criminal record already of embezzling). I certainly won't send it to him, but hate to see the guy get burned.

It is funny you say that....as her first ex and I are now in regular contact - she has two young kids in Florida that she abandoned to move up here. We were only married for one year! I was against her leaving her kids, btw...that was beginning of the end. I am helping him, or at least trying to, to prevent her from bringing them up here for visitation. It has been such a nightmarish mess, I feel like I should be on Jerry Springer for God's sake....

Anyone feel like sending an email to the owner of her employer here? (I have evidence that she has cut herself checks from their accounts payable account - and she has a criminal record already of embezzling). I certainly won't send it to him, but hate to see the guy get burned.
    I'll do it

Call the Troopers and give them your evidence, it's a crime and thats their job.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Call the Troopers and give them your evidence, it's a crime and thats their job.

Andy
    Already have....and ATF, and Mat-Su Narcotics Unit, the list goes on....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast